Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Mandyscents's profile

1 Message

Friday, December 8th, 2023 8:30 PM

Updating my grandfathered plan?

Hi all. My wireless bill is over $200 for only 2 lines and this seems really expensive.  I'm paying $107 per month for an old grandfathered "AT&T Unlimited Choice II Multi-Line" plan.  We only have 2 family members on the plan.  We also pay $20 per phone for the "access" fee. We do not have any hotspot access but I do not want to pay more just to have this.  It also says that on my current grandfathered plan, they limit the speed of data, but we have dealt with that for so long that I am not sure if that would really matter or not.  I just upgraded my phone to iPhone 15 pro plus, so I am now paying an installment amount for this each month. I am really nervous about making any changes because I do not want to lose our “true” unlimited talk, text, and data.  I fear there is “fine print” that will keep us from getting everything truly unlimited.  I just do not want to have to worry about limited minutes, a limited amount of data usage, and a limited number of text messages, so I have not changed our plan in years.  Everyone says we should go to the new plans because they are cheaper, but I do not see how that is possible according to the info I found.

When I look at the new unlimited plans I see AT&T Unlimited Premium℠ Plan at $65.00 per month, $130/mo. for 2 lines. 

Assuming we will have to keep the $20 per line access fee and with my installment plan it would be $130 + $40 + $34 = $204 plus all the taxes and fees and currently we are paying $202 WITH taxes and fees.  Am I missing something?!?

With the NEW AT&T Unlimited Premium℠ Plan we will get the following:

• Unlimited talk, text, & high-speed data that can’t slow down based on how much you use
  • AT&T ActiveArmorSM advanced mobile security. Free app with Public Wi-Fi Protection, Identity Monitoring, and more. 
  • Download the free AT&T ActiveArmor mobile security app with a compatible smartphone to get advanced features like Public Wi-Fi Protection and Identity Monitoring. You’ll automatically get 24/7 proactive network security. 
  • 50GB Hotspot data per line per month 
  • After 50GB, mobile hotspot speed slowed to a maximum of 128Kbps. 
  • Unlimited talk, text & high-speed data in 19 Latin American 
  • Coverage and data speeds vary. Int’l usage should not exceed Domestic. 
  • 4K UHD streaming available

I have been with AT&T for almost 30 years, so I am reluctant to leave because I fear I may not have good coverage or other unforeseen problems.  At least with AT&T I feel like I know what to expect.  However, you see ads and commercials all the time for wireless service at a fraction of this price so I am just not sure what to do or how to get a TRUE comparison without any fine print or someone trying to just upsell me for a better commission.  I worked in telecommunications for several years and I know how things can creep up on your bills to make it more and more expensive.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  (I know I am a creature of habit but I am trying to get over that some, LOL)

ACE - Expert

• 

14.4K Messages

6 months ago

You will not pay the $20 per line access fee. In the new plan, AT&T made it simple and put everything in one price. You'll only pay $130 for the plan.

If you qualify for a Signature discount, you'll save an additional $10 per line. If you don't already, you can join AARP to get the $10 discount.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.