Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
CJ-Retired's profile

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Friday, September 16th, 2016 5:16 AM

Unable to Call Cust Service On Cell Phone 2nd Time for Follow Up Question After Service Disconneced

On Tuesday, 09/13/16, after I found that my Wireless Service was Turned Off,  I called Customer Support on my Cell Phone by Dialing 611.  I talked with an Agent about my account, stating an Electronic Payment had been sent on 09/12, in the amount of $$ that should arrive on 09/14.  I also stated that by Friday, 09/16, another Payment would be sent, in the amount of $$, but that I would not have the balance until the end of the month.

I was told that the Remaining Balance would be low enough (under $75) that my Service should be Restored after the 2nd Payment was received.  The 1st Payment Posted on 09/14, and I was able to send the 2nd Electronic Payment earlier, on Tuesday, 09/13.  It Posted today, Thursday, 09/15.

Earlier this evening I tried calling Customer Support on my Cell Phone by Dialing 611, as I did after I sent the first payment, and now the call will not go through.  The Recorded Message states I must call 800 947-5096 from a different phone or go to ATT.com/Pay.

We've not lived here long and, like most people these days, we don't have a Landline.  It's not far into town, about 20 miles, but I've been ill.  So until I feel strong enough to drive into a town full of strangers and deal with finding a Phone I can use, I'll just have to wait.  I might do it sooner, but since I haven't seen a Pay Phone on the Corner anywhere in years, it will involve more than getting out of my car and taking a few steps to a Phone.

I may have to wait over 2 weeks to have my Service Restored, when I can pay the final amount (under $75) and the Payment is Posted.  Now I understand...
Customer Loyalty doesn't count for anything these days
...it doesn't matter how long you've been a Customer and refused to go somewhere else in order to get more Services and/or Save Money.

I've always been proud to say that I've had either/or Land and Wireless Accounts with AT&T, since it was Southwestern Bell Telephone in Texas.  Before that, my Parents had SWB and SWBT, so my whole life I've been a Customer with either, or both, Land and Wireless Service, and I'm old enough now to receive Senior Discounts anywhere they are offered.

I guess I need to quit Living in the Past and accept the fact that Customer Loyalty Really No Longer Means Anything to Big Business.  Maybe I should rethink things, and if I can save a few pennies, I should just go ahead and go to the Lowest Bidder with My Business from now on.

When we moved, I wasn't able to get my Internet Service from AT&T for the First Time in my Life because Another Company has everyone else Locked Out.  Maybe I will contact them first, they also have National Coverage.  Our Installers had to make several trips and Check and/or Repair Lines from the Road.  Then they had to Install a New Line into the House because what was here hadn't been used in over 25 years and probably wouldn't be able to Support DSL.

Yes, I do realize that the Customer Service that you recieve Locally, Face to Face is not always what you recieve from the Corporate Level, but I truly believed I was given Truthful Information from Customer Service.  Also, if I was able to Contact Customer Service before by Dialing 611, Using My Cell Phone after My Service was Turned Off, I would expect to be able to do the same 2 days later.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

Sorry, for your issues.

You can Set Up a Skype.com Account and put on $5-10 and make Calls via the Internet on your Computer or Phone. It's about 2 Cents a Minute to Call.

Do NOT go to Low Bidder.  Coverage is what you're Paying for.

Go to who has Coverage for where you Live and Travel!

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution". This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thank You for Taking the Time to Respond to my Post.

I was Hoping to Find Out if the Agent just Overlooked Stating that after Suspension of Service, In Case I should need to Make a Follow-Up Call, that I had Just Used My One and Only Chance to Contact Customer Support on my Cell Phone by Dialing 611 Until my Service is Restored...

Or was My Call NOT Supposed to Go Through by Dialing 611, When the Other Number Would Not Go Through?

However, I don't believe I can Afford to Accept your Suggestion.  I Can't Justify SPENDING $5-10 to Set Up ANOTHER ACCOUNT to make Calls SPENDING 2 Cents a MINUTE. Unless I can manage to Spend 250-500 Minutes to Drill Through the Menu, Possibly Wait On Hold, then Speak to the Agent, I've Actually Spent $5-10 to Make One or More Calls Lasting a Total of Not More than 120 Minutes.  I Believe This is the First Time I've Ever Been in this Situation, and the Odds are Against Me Living Long Enough with All My Facilities, to Still be Using This Type of Service for it to Ever Happen to Me Again.

It seems to me that Unless I Can Justify Driving into Town Before Then, Burning My Gas Just to Locate a Phone that I can Use to Make a Second Phone Call to Customer Support, I Should Just Wait Until the End of the Month when I will be Able to Pay my AT&T Mobility Balance.  While Waiting, I can Also Use the Rest of My Service Month Researching if I Will or I Will Not Save Money by Switching My Mobility Service to the Other Company that I Already HAD to use for the DSL Service.

I MIGHT Even Get a Discounted Rate by Using One Company for Both Services. I AM in an AT&T MOBILITY Coverage Area, but, if I want to have a LANDLINE or INTERNET Services, as I've had in the Past with AT&T, the Other Company has everyone else Locked Out of this Area.  That is why I HAD to Contact Them for DSL - the ONLY Internet Option Available at This Location at This Time.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.