Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
mvgraf5's profile

2 Messages

Saturday, May 4th, 2024 4:24 PM

trade-in credit

In September we traded 4 phones in for new ones.  None of them received the correct credit for the promotion that was available.  I've spent over 24 hours on 10+ different calls trying to fix the problem.  3 out of 4 are now correct.  The issue is the phone that is being credited hasn't been used in many years.  The agent that was able to fix most of the issues was able to find the phone that was traded in, it was just not credited to my account.  They thought they had it fixed but all the bills since still don't have it resolved.  All the agents I've talked to since aren't willing or aren't able to track the IMEI number of the traded phone to assign it to my account for credit.  My satisfaction with AT&T in non-existent at this point.

ACE - Master

• 

10.7K Messages

19 days ago

File a BBB complaint.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.7K Messages

19 days ago

The biggest problem with tracking the IMEI is AT&T never had and does not have your old phones. If you mailed those phones they went to Assurant Mobile in Tennessee. They would long have been scavenged for parts or some other way recycled.

Since you mentioned September, you would have to have been participating in an iPhone trade-in (iPhone 12 models were full value.  Older models - lesser value.  I'll see if I can find the September iPhone promotion when they first came out)

OR...

... a z-fold or z flip trade in. The flip and the fold had an any year any condition offer in August running through September.

S23 series Did not have an any year any condition offer in August or September when the flip and the fold first came out.  If you traded in a phone older than an S10,  for a S23 phone, it would not have qualified for full value.

(I'll look for the September Samsung offer as well)

Better Business bureau complaint will at least review what you traded in and whether or not it was eligible at the time you purchased your new phones 

(edited)

2 Messages

15 days ago

We traded in a I-phone 12pro, which was suppose to be full value.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.