For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
8516larch's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, April 6th, 2018 2:54 AM

The representative are very rude. They put me on hold for 2 hrs

I have been with ATT for 10 yrs. Paid the full balance of the bill on the 4th of every month. That is 120 months. I was told I was put into collections by a 3rd party collections company called GateStone. They have a bad reputation. They score a 1 and the BBB gives them a 1.2. I talked to a couple ATT operators and they thought I got scammed. It was from July but I did not hear abt it til October. They called me. I thought my phone record was perfect. I always pay my bills. The amt in collection is 944.00. 10yrs of taking advantage of promotions, everything they had to offer and for this, I am in collections🤦‍♀️

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@8516larch wrote:

I have been with ATT for 10 yrs. Paid the full balance of the bill on the 4th of every month. That is 120 months. I was told I was put into collections by a 3rd party collections company called GateStone. They have a bad reputation. They score a 1 and the BBB gives them a 1.2. I talked to a couple ATT operators and they thought I got scammed. It was from July but I did not hear abt it til October. They called me. I thought my phone record was perfect. I always pay my bills. The amt in collection is 944.00. 10yrs of taking advantage of promotions, everything they had to offer and for this, I am in collections🤦‍♀️

Are all the accounts with AT&T you've ever had still active? In other words, did you have Direct TV, a landline, etc. at any time in the past?

If not, the collection is almost definitely a scam. AT&T doesn't send active accounts to a collection agency. You should demand GateStone provide proof of the debt. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I had Direct T.V and Xfinity Internet. They were not connected to the phone bill. I paid them separately for 10 yrs. They had nothing to do with the bill. I recieved 3 bills. 1-Direct T.V, Xfinity, ATT bill. The ATT bill was just phone service

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@8516larch wrote:
I had Direct T.V and Xfinity Internet. They were not connected to the phone bill. I paid them separately for 10 yrs. They had nothing to do with the bill. I recieved 3 bills. 1-Direct T.V, Xfinity, ATT bill. The ATT bill was just phone service

Since AT&T bought Direct TV, a debt owed in the past to DTV is now owned by AT&T (even though they've likely sold it and written off what they could). Regardless, make the collection agency prove the debt. They are legally required to do so. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

There are many people who feel the way I do. When my 2-yr contract is up, ATT is history!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I owe no money to Direct T.V. Think of another excuse. I got all day to read your thoughts.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@8516larch wrote:
I owe no money to Direct T.V. Think of another excuse. I got all day to read your thoughts.

I'm not "thinking of excuses" but instead trying to help you get to the bottom of the issue you're having.  

It provided the next steps in my last post, but methinks you didn't read that far: "Regardless, make the collection agency prove the debt. They are legally required to do so. "

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.