For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
missellencat's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 4th, 2018 1:33 PM

Return Processing Time

I have been on the AT&T Next program for a few years now. On February 1st 2018 I upgraded my device to an iPhone 7 which I received on February 7th 2018. Shortly after receiving it I realized that it wasn't a good phone match for me and I contacted AT&T to see if I could exchange the iPhone 7 for an iPhone X and was told that I could since I was within the 2 week return/exchange period. On February 11th I mailed the iPhone 7 back to AT&T. I inquired about the status of my exchange on February 23rd and I was told that I needed to wait for the return service warehouse to note that they had received the phone so that you can reverse the upgrade and I can order the iPhone X in exchange. On February 28th I noticed that the tracking said that the delivery center had received the iPhone 7 that I had mailed back. Since I still had not heard anything about the exchange for the iPhone X by March 9th 2018, I went to an AT&T store. After waiting over an hour in the store I was told that the Returns center had received the return phone but had not processed it yet. By this time I had also made an installment payment on the iPhone 7 even though I had already mail it back to the returns center because I was told that that would be straightened out when I had the iPhone X I was exchanging the iPhone 7 for.

It is now April 4th 2018. I still have not heard anything about getting the iPhone X in the exchange and I on my current bill I am being charged another installment payment for the iPhone 7 that I returned 6 weeks ago. I will not make another payment on a phone I do not have. I no longer want to carry through with ordering the iPhone X in the exchange process because now I just want the iPhone 7 that I returned processed so I will not be stuck in a contract with AT&T so that I can take my business elsewhere.

This is ridiculous and I am beyond fed up with how long this has taken already since I everything back on February 1st!
How long does it take to process a returned phone?!?!

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Did you ever get this sorted out? I also bought a new phone on next, and returned it shortly after. I've already made one installment payment on the phone, and it is still showing up on my account, even though I returned it, and got an email from at&t stating that they received the phone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

It was eventually sorted out but I no longer use AT&T for my wireless service.  

After calling AT&T countless times about the status of the returned device I was eventually told that the return hadn't been processed in their system yet because AT&T outsources their returns department.  The package tracking on my returned device said that the package had been delivered to Newgistics(the outsourcing company AT&T uses for returns) but they had not actually processed the phone after it was delivered and they had misplaced the package.  I was absolutely furious that AT&T was trying to hold me responsible for losing a device that their own returns-process company misplaced after it had been delivered to them.  I think I spend a week calling AT&T and/or Newgistics at least once a day.  

Finally, at the beginning of May, they were able to locate the returned device and it was processed into the AT&T system.  Since I no longer wanted to deal with AT&T at all after all of this, I did not proceed with an exchange after the returned device was processed.  I had to pay off a small balance on my wireless bill but I then confirmed that I was not in any type of contract with AT&T so I moved my number and service over to Verizon and I now have an iPhone X on a payment plan and a similar service plan that I had through AT&T with a slightly smaller monthly bill. 

So it was sorted out, but definitely not in a timely manner. 

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

ah, thats really helpful. So I will most likely have to wait far to long for my phone to be processed by slowgistics too before the installment plan will drop from my account.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.