For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
gaoshearer's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, March 25th, 2018 5:29 PM

Poor service in my new home

I have been an AT&T customer for over 20 years. I was with two other companies back in the 90's that AT&T purchased so I have never been with anyone else.

We have recently moved to North Carolina and I live in the Goldsboro area. AT&T service is fine as it is on my street. Once you get into the house its 1 bar. We can't receive phone calls because of this. We all jumped onto WiFi calling to help with the situation. My spouse has a nice high capacity iphone 5S that she doesn't want to get rid of. She can't do the WiFi calling.

This March 2018 I contacted AT&T through chat around 3/8/18 (entire conversation logged at AT&T) and chatted with a very nice, helpful person. He went through everything with me. Phones, account, history, address and even had his team check coverage area which they said was not good in my area. He asked more questions and ended up talking to the escalation team for me on my behalf. They approved me in March 2018 for a free microcell. The conversation was documented by AT&T. He said I would receive a phone call from the "Commitment team" no later than Saturday March 10th to set up my Microcell and get me going. I agreed.

Saturday came and went and no call. 

On Tuesday 3/13/18 at 2:27pm I finally got a call (Voice Mail) asking if I was still having problems with my phone service.  I called back and said of course I was. They made me explain everything all over again. They also denied ever saying that I qualified for a Free Microcell. Furthermore the person I spoke to said "We don't even sell them anymore or offer them".

I questioned her and she supposedly went to her supervisor who refused to speak with me and verified.

Finally they admitted that they saw the account notes and plainly saw I was offered one. They again said they were no longer offering them and that the customer care person I dealt with was mistaken. How can the CCR be mistaken? They all work directly for AT&T and do customer care......

She then tried to continue telling me I was wrong even though the account notes were plain as day. 

She then tried to sell me something different. Sell me!!! I was totally taken back that not only did AT&T not follow through with their promise, but they then wanted to charge me for something to improve service I'm already paying for. I pay $270 a month for service as if that isn't enough. I have remained loyal to AT&T and never switched for 20 years.

I said I wanted to speak with someone higher and she got snotty and said she would have her supervisor call me. Its been two weeks almost and no call still.....

My business to AT&T means nothing.

My spouse still can't receive phone calls when in the home and now we have to pay for landline because of it.

Do I switch to Verizon who clearly has better coverage here?

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

If the service is fine outside your house but isn't once you go through the door, it's likely something in the house is causing the issue. 

You can try a different provider. I'd recommend trying it out on one line to make sure it works for your needs before completely jumping ship. If another provider meets your needs, then, yes, you should switch. 

If there's something going on in the house that prevents any cellular signal from getting through, then your spouse might need to upgrade their phone or use the landline. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have a similar situation in Austin Texas.  I have been  with ATT always and have never had any issues at all.  I moved into a brand new home in December and can not talk in my living room at all without it dropping.  I called ATT and they suggested wireless calling  in the house.  I activated that and it seemed to work fine but I have started having issues even with the wireless calling.  I have a IPhone 6S.  I can go outside and it works perfectly.  My house is not steel so there should be no reason why the signals cannot get through a new built home.  I may have to switch as I don't have a landline and need my wireless reception to work.  I WFH and have no issues at all with my computer connection and my work phone is voip so no issues there either.  My UVerse TV works fine too.  ATT is failing me on my phone coverage.  Help!

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@pkmintx wrote:

I have a similar situation in Austin Texas.  I have been  with ATT always and have never had any issues at all.  I moved into a brand new home in December and can not talk in my living room at all without it dropping.  I called ATT and they suggested wireless calling  in the house.  I activated that and it seemed to work fine but I have started having issues even with the wireless calling.  I have a IPhone 6S.  I can go outside and it works perfectly.  My house is not steel so there should be no reason why the signals cannot get through a new built home.  I may have to switch as I don't have a landline and need my wireless reception to work.  I WFH and have no issues at all with my computer connection and my work phone is voip so no issues there either.  My UVerse TV works fine too.  ATT is failing me on my phone coverage.  Help!

If the service works fine outside your door, then AT&T isn't failing you. 

If you're having trouble with WiFi calling, too, my first instinct would be a phone problem, but if it works when you're do in the house, that wouldn't really make sense. 

You might want to consider adding a landline or a different VOIP line. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

i advise you to switch providers. This Texas corporation isn't the same phone company your parents depended on. They are a faded memory. My service has been uncertain on a daily basis. I'm considering returning to rural satellite service, a more reliable internet provider. AT&T has not given back from the public funding they received 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.