Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
jasmine8787's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 12th, 2017 1:22 AM

Closed

On hold with fraud department for almost 3 hours now...will going to an AT&T store in person help?

Someone ordered an i phone on my account.  No one I talked to in customer service was able to cancel it and I was told I was being connected to the fraud department.  I have been on hold for almost 3 hours now!  The person I spoke to previously told me that they close in one hour and that basically, if no one answered by then I should hang up.   

I don't want to have to take a day off work to sit and wait on hold.  Will going to the store in person do any good or would they just try to call the same fraud department?   What if no one ever answers?!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I have the exact same issue, and am unable to reach the fraud department.  Do you have any update to share on your situation?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

6 years ago

@jasmine8787

I sent you a private message with some very important information, please check it and reply back if you still need help with your account.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have been on hold for a combined 5 hours today trying to get ahold of the fraud center. I had someone place an order for an iphone X on my account. I called customer service and they were supposed to stop the order and talk to the fraud department and then directly connect me, but no one ever picked up in the fraud department. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

@ATTDmitriyCM

I have same situation... someone used my account to order "2" iPhone for each number (I have two numbers) yesterday and today...that I never placed the order.... I have been put on-hold with fraud department for 3 hours and no one answer... Can you help me out?

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I set an alarm this morning and called the fraud department directly (877-844-5584) the minute they opened (6 AM my time, 8 AM eastern) rather than calling the regular customer service line and having to go through other people to be connected to them.  I had to wait an hour and 15 minutes, which is still completely ridiculous, but I did finally get to speak to someone.  Supposedly, the issue is resolved.  They sent me an email with a letter acknowledging that it was fraud.  The scary part is that they were not able to tell me how someone got into my account.  The lady kept insisting I must have replied to an email or text with my information, and I definitely did not do that.   They also set my account to "extra security," which means I have to give a 4 digit pass code any time I do anything associated with the account.  Hopefully that will keep it from happening again. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Can you please also contact me?  Having the same issue 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Someone ordered ( NOT ME) 2 iphones on my account. I only found out because I got an email with 2 contracts attached. I immediately was able to go online and cancel. I called customer service and they could see very little of what happened, there was no employee time stamp on the transaction (I believe it was on online order). She found out as much as she could but she couldn't even see the contract on her end, she could tell me when someone was looking for upgrades on my account and when the found one that was available they ordered (after running my credit). She told me to speak to fraud dept, I have been on hold for 4 hours total and was disconnected twice during that time.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

6 years ago

@TeacherProblems @Bleonard1996 @cknien @mlh120

I want to post this publicly so others can see it. 

I'm very sorry you're still having some issues with a fraud on your account. We can definitely help you contact someone from the appropriate team that can help. This is not out usual care channel, so if you can, please send a private message directly to me and I will forward it to the right person. In your message, please include your name, account number, contact phone number and email, and a brief description of the situation. Please feel free to add any other information that you think may be helpful.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This seems to be a common problem! I can't believe how much fraud is happening here... I wonder if there is a security breach? 

Been on hold for 2.5 hours today and 1.5 hours yesterday, which is just ridiculous. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have been on hold for a total of 3+ hours today waiting to speak with the fraud department regarding a fraudulent iPhone X order on my account. I still have not gotten a hold of anybody. I have called FedEx to intercept the shipment so the hacker does not receive the phone.

This is absolutely ridiculous. For a company of AT&T's size, you'd think that it would be easier to get a hold of somebody for such an urgent issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.