For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
F

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, April 1st, 2021 4:34 AM

Old phone was shut off, now saying there won't be a shipment until the end of next month!

I ordered a phone through ATT from a sales rep that was at Sam's Club. I was told I would get 10$ off my bills if I ported my old phone number and got a new phone through them. I paid $30 for this. First, I had an issue with porting the number, which took nearly a week to get fixed after calling 6 times...The customer service rep also managed to tell me that she had never heard of this sale or deal.. They told me to wait up to 3 days for the new phone, I waited... I called 3 times today to find out why I hadn't gotten the new phone yet; mind you, my old phone service was shut off due to porting the number. The customer service reps were extremely rude the first two times I called and kept speaking over me. The first time they told me it would be delivered by the end of the day, I waited, nothing. Then they told me it would be delivered by tomorrow. The third time I called, they told me that it "could" be delivered tomorrow and that the phone was out of stock. I recently got an email saying the order for the new phone is out of stock and won't be shipped until the end of next month! I am on disability with limited income, I can't afford to pay for a new sim card and service just for a month since ATT now owns the old phone number, and I shouldn't have to in the first place... Am I just supposed to go without a phone for a whole month & 1/2?! 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

A new sim at most is 5 dollars. But you need to deal with sams club as they are an authorized retailer not AT&T employees

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Okay, but it will cost me extra money for a service that I don't have.. It was a field agent, I was told he worked with ATT, he was catching people that walked in and offering this; they told me the phone would be shipped in 2-3 days.. when I called customer service after it not showing up, they told me that the porting information was incorrect and shut off my old service after having this issue fixed. Not knowing or having it suggested that I could have waited until I got the phone to have the service shut off (from my understanding, seeing other post). Days later, after calling repeatedly and being told different things each time, I am being told that the phone is out of stock.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

We also tried contacting the person who sold us the deal and have not been able to reach him; I've left text and several voice-mail... 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

Somebody did something really wrong here. Your number is not ported until you have a new phone in your hand. Are you sure you didn't just stop paying for your previous service and they suspended you for non-payment? Please contact your former carrier.   If your former carrier is still you current provider, but suspended for non payment, AT&T will not be able to Port your number when your phone does arrive.

The people who work at Sam's or BJ's are not AT&T employees they work for an authorized retailer that works within those big box stores.  

They sometimes lie, or spin the truth. In this case you certainly have received incorrect information about how switching carriers works.

There is no special $10 discount off your service just for signing up through Sam's Club. The only $10 per month discount are the ones that are already built into AT&T plans for everyone. There is a $10 per line discount for auto-pay and paperless billing. There is also a $10 discount off of the 'elite' plan only if you sign up with an employer discount, AARP, or other discount program. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.