For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.
Move one line from Mobile Share
I have a Mobile Share Value 600MB plan + 1GB bonus with two lines, both out of contract. This is currently billed at $25 for the plan and $25 access for each phone (both iPhone 6S+).
I am interested in moving to the Spectrum Mobile plan to try to reduce costs but want to test it out by transferring only one of my AT&T lines to Spectrum.
- What will happen if I move one phone to Spectrum?
- Will my old Mobile Share Value 600MB plan still hold for the other phone (I assumei I'll lose the 1GB bonus)?
- Will the price of the plan + phone increase?
- Will the previous charge for the moved phone be prorated so I get a refund?
If I decide that Spectrum doesn't work for me, what are my options?
- Will I be able to move the phone back to my Mobile Share Value 600MB plan?
- If so will I be charged an activation fee?
- If not, can I change my plan to the current AT&T Mobile Share Plus 3GB?
- If so would there be any activation fees involved?
My current plan is a good deal (no autopay, 1.6GB with rollover, excellent speeds and voice quality etc.) but moving to Spectrum could save me over $700 a year. I am very wary of their poor reputation for customer service and support and the Verizon network has a mixed reputation in my neighborhood. The one VZW phone I've seen a friend using in my house seemed ok.
Any answers to my questions above will be gratefully received and I hope will help me decide whether to try a move.