For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
A

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 24th, 2020 6:49 PM

Move installment payments

I went into my local AT&T store and inquired about First Net. The representative at the store told me that I needed a "First Net line". She added another line to my bill and put the payments to the new phone under that phone number. So now I have a new phone with 2 phone lines. One line I was dishonestly sold by AT&T. I called to have this corrected but was told it wasn't possible. 

So I am sold a product by AT&T using dishonest practices and I have to eat it and grin? All I want is for the "dishonest" line cancelled and the payments moved to the phone line which I have had for over 10 years. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

I believe your local AT&T corporate store can move the installments to your old phone number. However you will void any promotion if you are getting credits on the new phone.

I'm not entirely sure why you didn't request that your old phone number be moved to firstnet rather than creating a new number

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you, but I went into a store and was told there was nothing they could do. I have been on the phone with them and now get told it's outside of the date range for a cancellation without paying it off. I called when I first discovered what happened on my first bill.

If I had known that I could have used my original number I would have, but it was the AT&T representative who told me I needed a 2nd line as my "First Net" number. Thanks again.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

UPDATE******UPDATE****** 09/30/2020

I want to be fair and give positive feedback

My issue has been resolved. After filing a complaint with the BBB I was contacted by AT&T. Once listening to my story and reading the notes of my many calls to AT&T a resolution was reached. I will be returning the device with a credit on the installment payments. The unwanted 2nd line was deactivated and given full credit. My upgrade is available to enter another AT&T store and purchase another device.  

I thought it was only good business to advise of a positive resolution that satisfied both parties.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.