For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
BummyDavis's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 27th, 2012 5:04 PM

Just Bought A Phone but I Think I Want My Old One Back. How Do I?

Hello, hello, I bought an iPhone 4S around December 20th for myself. I used to have a Blackberry. I love the iPhone but, I just don't use it enough to warrant having it. I loved my BB, it was exactly what I needed. How would I go about getting my BB back? I still have the phone and, I've been with AT&T for about 8 years. My son has the iPhone 4, I was wondering if I could just give the newer one to him and say it's his Birthday present lol.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

12 years ago

Go to AT&T store and get a new SIM and switch back to BB. Give your son the 4s and have him get a new SIM activated on his number.
You are still locked to the 2 year agreement and will not be upgrade eligible even though you gave away your phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you for the swift reply. My friend did basically the same thing but, on Sprint. I will go down and check it out! Thanks again

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

Why would the son need a new SIM card?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

12 years ago

Does the 4 use a micro sim like the 4s?

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

Yes, it does.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

12 years ago

then he would just need to swap sim cards. I thought that the micro sim started with the 4s, not the 4.
My mistake.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@kdfederer wrote:
then he would just need to swap sim cards. I thought that the micro sim started with the 4s, not the 4.
My mistake.

no started with the 4,

"The iPhone 4 uses a Micro-Sim card on iPhone 4 devices running on a GSM network, which is positioned in an ejectable tray, located on the right side of the device. On a CDMA network, however, the phone connects to the network using an ESN. All prior models have used regular Mini-SIM cards. Depending on the operator, Micro-SIM cards may not be available for all networks globally. As a technical workaround it is possible to trim a Mini-SIM card with a knife or scissors so that it fits into the Micro-SIM tray."

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.