For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
D

• 

6 Messages

Monday, August 10th, 2020 10:05 PM

Inactive number

I am going outside the US for about 5 months, so I will not be using my prepaid atnt number for the time period. However, the last time I went abroad for a long time, I lost my number and had to get a new number when I got back. I don't want to go through that again, so is there a way to keep the account active for 5 months so that my number is not lost? I tried searching for cheap plans but looks like there are no pay-per-use type plans available in my area (Cincinnati OH). How do I keep my number alive?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Yes, there is. To keep your account active, you need to keep a positive account balance. Before you leave, change to one of the pay per use plans and refill your account with $100. A $100 refill is good for a year and will still be there to use when you return in 5 months. When you return, just change back to your normal monthly plan.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

I tried searching for cheap plans but looks like there are no pay-per-use type plans available in my area (Cincinnati OH).

There are 2 pay per use plans that are available to everyone. There is a $2/day and $0.25/minute plan. If you aren’t seeing them, one possible reason is if your have your account set to be a multiline account.

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

@sandblaster yes I was a part of a multiline, but not anymore. I recently kicked everyone else out of it, so now it's just me. I still don't see the plan. Do you have a link where I can see the plans and buy it?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Just removing the other lines is not enough. You must also change your account back to an individual account.

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

So how do I do that?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.