Need help understanding your bill?
dylanblackmer's profile



1 Message

Wednesday, August 22nd, 2018 2:42 AM

I have an exchange student from germany I'd like to give temporary access to my phone plan

Recently my family and I have accepted a German college student into our house a a few months. As you know roaming fees outside of your provider's country is quite expensive. I was hoping there was a way to temporarily add him to my plan so he can use cell data without blowing a bunch of money unnesesarily. Is there a way do this or would I have to purchase an entire new sim card and phone line?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.


Gary L

ACE - Expert


16.1K Messages

5 years ago

@dylanblackmer If you want them on your AT&T plan, they'd need a US phone number and an AT&T SIM.


And if you used their phone, IF it's compatible with AT&T, then it wouldn't ring or get text messages to their old number. (Unless they have a dual SIM phone).



Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.