For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Flygirl129's profile

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 3rd, 2023 3:12 PM

How to get a VALID response from AT&T

As a first responder, I joined the FirstNet AT&T program 04/16/2022. I left T-Mobile after 15 years with then & never one had a problem. Not once! Now - all I have had with AT&T FirstNet is problems. Transitioning to the program itself wasn't a problem. However, I must say the guaranteed service of the FirstNet program has been anything but. If I am not in a building that has internet connectivity, the 5G doesn't kick in and I have no internet service. I can call over WiFi only. Not to mention the poor customer service at three different locations. And, being charged for an Apple watch I was assured was free & part of the FirstNet program. 
04/16/23: We went to the AT&T store located at 8261 Little Road, New Port Richey, FL. We should have know when the day we transitioned to AT&T, and the sales agents was trying to "give us a deal" - as if it wasn't on the up & up, he couldn't put the changes through and then the manager had to put the transaction under his name, something was up. At the time, I only added a mobile # and iPad # to the account. I didn't utilize the watch option. The experience itself took almost 2 1/2 hours & was horrible. Next, on 04/23/22, I went to a larger AT&T store located at 8615 US Highway 19N Port Richey, FL, to add the Apple Watch to my plan. The "Retail Sales Consultant"- Trey Terrell, brought me an Apple watch that was "FREE" as part of the FirstNet program. Trey even confirmed with the manager on duty that day, the Apple Watch given to me was the "FREE" one. (The printed AT&T receipt receipt states the cashier was Frank T.? if same guy named "Trey Terrell). Imagine my surprise when I was billed $529.99 for the watch. 

Multiple attempts to get this corrected, both at the store with Trey (who cannot do anything at the store) & by calling Customer service, has resulted in ZERO resolution. I keep getting the "We'll look in to it and get back to you!" Only no one ever get's back to you. When calling Customer Service, I even agreed to pay the difference between the actual watch that was given to me and the one that was part of the promotion, as he apparently gave me the wrong watch. "We'll get back to you!"

Fast forward to 06/20/23: calling Customer Service, speaking with Janae for 1 hour 18 minutes, only to be disconnected (her shift ended at 5:00 PM - it was now 5:17PM - coincidence??!) ... I had asked to cancel the iPad phone # and the insurances on the devices. She assured me she had done all of this. I called back 2 more times to discuss connectivity issues, and was disconnected each time. By the the third call - my husband and I were fed up. We asked to transfer my account to his AT&T account. Again - assured this was successfully processed & it would take 24-48 to reflect on our accounts. 2 & 3 days later it still hadn't taken affect. I was told to go in to a "corporate" store to change the name on my account (from Maiden to married). 

6/23/23: went in to a "Corporate" ATT store to change my name on the account and inquire again about the watch charges. This store is located at 1879 Commercial Way Spring Hill FL. Miguel Alcantara, Retail Sales Consultant - was great at double talking my husband and I. To the point we told him to knock it off. He worked hard to convince us to not combine our accounts. He assured us he had changed my name on my account to my married name. He then was able to go back and see the watch I was given back on 04/23/22 WAS indeed part of the promotion, and was FREE!!!!!!  Only the promotion ended on 03/31/22. Almost a month earlier. The store that gave me the watch was behind. An hour and a half later of working with Miguel & his double talk, and after raising my voice & getting upset, the "Assistant Retails Sales Manager", Kat Trubenstein, took our information, shared she had called the store manager at the AT&T store located at 8615 US Highway 19N Port Richey, FL and I would receive a call back the next day (Saturday 06/24/23). To date - no one has called me. When we left the store, I was told I had to call Customer Service back the next day to actually cancel the tablet & insurance on the watch. Miguel nor Kat could do it in the "Corporate" store - really? Then why does customer service keep telling us to go to one of their corporate stores to get anything done?! 

06/24/23: I had the fortune of speaking with Rosario, the FirstNet representative on the telephone. 20 minutes later, the tablet # was cancelled, as was the insurance on the watch. He shared the name change he could do - over the phone!! - and I would see it within 24-48 hours. I also texted Kat as she shared we could contact her via her cell phone. no response. 

06/24/23 @ 1847  Kat Trubenstein, Assistant Retail Sales Manager  at the AT&T "corporate" store located at 1879 Commercial Way Spring Hill, FL responded with "I know my area manger has already received the information to forward over. The weekend may be tough in that department." Really - then why tell us we'd hear back on Saturday?

06/26/23: My on-line account shows my name has not been changed. The tablet number was cancelled - as was the insurance on BOTH my new phone and the Watch?!! 

07/01/23: I texted Kat again - as it is now 1 week and a day later & no one has contacted me. no response

07/02/23: Kat apologizes that no one got back to me. She asked is I ever made it back to the original store (?? huh?! - when were we told to do that?!) She now recommends this and for us to ask for the manager and see if they can contact the area manger for that location while we are in the store?! If this isn't the ultimate brush off - I do not know what is. 

07/03/23:there are no devices on my account at all?!  

I really cannot make this up!!!

Next step: BBB & Corporate AT&T! Also - swapped back to T-Mobile whom I had for 18 years w/out ANY problems. 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

10 months ago

I didn't need to read past the fact that you are not having good service. If you don't have good connectivity you are with the wrong service provider. End of story.

You should have switched back to T-Mobile within the 14-day return window, by returning all devices, and porting your number out.  

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

Unfortunately, we did not find out about the connectivity issues until after the 14-day window. (of course!!) ... we did swap back to T-Mobile today. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.