For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
JuliaBarnett's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, March 3rd, 2019 12:18 AM

Horrible Customer Service

My son had his phone bought on my plan.  Recently, a couple months ago, I released billing to him so he could get his own account which meant his phone number would have been carried over to his account.  Well, someone at ATT did not transfer service but gave him whole new number with the phone that I was paying on.  So, for 2 months, I paid for a line that wasn't being used as well as his phone because they did not transfer the billing.  My son and I both have called ATT SEVERAL times over the last 2 months, we've been in the stores but the manager at the White Hall store in Fairmont, WV is terrible and very rude.  He would not even get up off his seat to help.  He dismissed our concerns and was not willing to help at all.  ATT was billing me for my sons phone plan as well as his phone and my son was being billed the same so they "double dipped" and made double off of us.  They aren't honest and they are unwilling to correct mistakes they made.  Only one gentleman tried to help and his name was Lee when I called the 800 number but still there was no resolve because it wasn't his department.  Lee did point out that what ATT did was not legal by double dipping and not taking the initiative to correct their mistake.  I'll never make this mistake again by using ATT.  It has been by far the worst experience I've ever had with customer service and the store managers are a joke.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@JuliaBarnett 

1. Cancel the new line they set up for him. Why didn’t he do that as soon as you found out a new line was set up?

2. Go here and transfer the number he wants to the new account. 

https://www.att.com/tobr/tobrHomePage.rt

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

5 years ago

Um, And neither he, or you, or all his contacts didn’t immediately know his number was different?  

Didn’t you think it odd his number didn’t work and your bill didn’t go down?    

Since he is out of contract, do the Transfer of billing responsibility again, and he should cancel his new account.  Since he didn’t buy a new phone, he has no contract on the new service.  Seriously, you could have dumped the new plan in 1 to 3 days once you knew it was screwed up.  

TOBR has to be accepted in 14 days.  If your son didn’t pass the credit check, he has to use prepaid, which is a different process.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I have tried that it its saying that the line is ineligible. I've contacted customer service about that also because one of the employees on the online chat suggested it but they cant figure out why its ineligible.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

When the line was supposed to be transferred to his own account in January, no, I didn't know until I received the bill.  Both of us have been trying to get this fixed since day one. He has his own account that ATT set up with the phone I'm still paying on.  Since the phone isn't paid off, I have to keep the plan because if I cancel the plan, I have to pay off the phone and I don't have it right now and neither does he.  So, ATT changed the sim card in his phone and gave him a new number with his account.  Its not a prepaid deal.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

5 years ago

@JuliaBarnett    I think you are missing the point in a big way.  

Your son should cancel his new account.  It has no contract, he didn’t buy a phone.  Should have done that as soon as he realized he didn’t have his old number.  

Put him back on your account.  Cost $5 for the SIM card.  

Now back to not eligible to transfer.   Does he have sufficient credit to accept the line?   Has the account been in good standing for 60 days minimum?  Are you ‘bundled’ with home services?  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Not missing any point.  He wanted to establish his own account as he has a family of his own.  That's it.  He does have good credit and as I stated in my original post, he just got his own plan in January.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

5 years ago

But in order to take his old number and cell phone payments, he must transfer the old line on your account to his own account.  And you’re complaining about paying for 2 lines, when the one you want to get rid of is his new line.  If there is a financial hardship paying for 2 lines at once, the new line is the one to be sacrificed.  

Then sort out why the old line can’t be transferred.  It may be a regional number if he lives in a new state.  

Talk to tech support about why he can’t transfer billing, not a regular CSR.    

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

5 years ago

And if he already has his own account transfer is easy, online and with your mutual emails.  Did so with my mothers line to my sister’s account. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

5 years ago

Of course there is a YouTube clip.   https://youtu.be/5qJatdkAhG0

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.