For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Lashay0345's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 14th, 2018 2:25 AM

Falsely accused of fraud

AT&T you’re a joke! I switched and ported my lines less than a week ago, only to have account canceled because your global fraud department deemed my account as definite fraud! I ported my kids phone numbers over and there is definite usage on the phones that I purchased for my kids and you cancel my account and falsely accuse me of being fraud! I don’t want the phones I purchased anymore and will gladly go back to my old carrier and give you the phones back! But I was told I can’t return the devices nor am I able to get my phone numbers back. What solutions do you have for customers like me after you accuse me of fraud? I want and I need my kids numbers back.

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

6 years ago

You neglected to give a lot of information, but it sounds like the account was closed because AT&T showed there wasn't usage on the phones. Closing an account for fraud isn't a step they take lightly, and even a minute of usage would show up on the account. You can dispute it by calling the fraud department at 877-844-5584​ .Not sure if there's a way to get the phone numbers back - if the account's been closed, the numbers might already have been released.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

All phones have usage on them. They belong to my kids and husband. They can
check and see. And I told them that. I would have never ported my numbers
out and switched if I was going to be accused of fraud.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

The same thing happened to me.  It’s absolutely horrid.  Am at store now and no one here knows what to do!!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.