Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Justinblewis's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 27th, 2019 12:07 PM

Does AT&T buy out contracts?

Will att buy out my wireless contract from Verizon w me still oweing on my s9 phone?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

5 years ago

1.   Highly unlikely you have a contract with Verizon.  Device payments are not service contracts.

2.   There is no public buy out offer.  There are no offers in Louisiana.  

Best option; sell you phone on swappa and switch if you want.  You might ask around to see if At&t provides the service you want.   You should check Att.com for plans and prices, you could wind up paying a lot more if you give up an old plan.  

Scholar

• 

97 Messages

5 years ago

Personally I would not advise switching from Verizon.   Any promotion AT&T might offer you - please ask for the fine print before signing up - there are often exclusions or requirements the sales force don’t tell you about.   I switched from Verizon and have found the taxes and fees that are applied on top of the advertised service rates are MUCH higher than what I was paying Verizon.   I also don’t think the service is as good.   

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

5 years ago

The “fine print” and any offers are on the sales pages for phones.   Att.com.  

Taxes are applied against the line fees and calculated by percentage by both At&t and Verizon.   Because the newer plans have higher line fees ($35 as opposed to $15 or $20) your taxes will be higher.  (You can ask for tax charts).

Switching to a newer plan within either carrier will also raise line fees and taxes.  

CDMA penetrates better than UTMAS and HSPA.  Unfortunately all 3 technologies are ending soon.  CDMA is slated to shut down in 2019.  People in 1x areas (areas not covered by LTE/VoLTE) of Verizon coverage will have no service.  (See posts on Verizon regarding LTE only phones like oneplus, Razer 2 etc). 

Switching for phone deals, but getting screwed on much higher service cost is dumb.  Do the math on service costs.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I switched from Sprint to At@t. I have a huge bill due on the 25th from Sprint and pretty stressed about it. I need to know if this will happen because I don't have an extra 300 to give Sprint. They have credited some bills I had for internet and cable services. They wanted my girls to switch, but I was too afraid I would owe a ton of money.  Thanks, any advice would help!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Sfryar37 wrote:

I switched from Sprint to At@t. I have a huge bill due on the 25th from Sprint and pretty stressed about it. I need to know if this will happen because I don't have an extra 300 to give Sprint. They have credited some bills I had for internet and cable services. They wanted my girls to switch, but I was too afraid I would owe a ton of money.  Thanks, any advice would help!

So you are asking after switching?  Read the thread.  No, At&t has no buy out offer.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.