For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Khimlymeng19's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 5th, 2014 8:36 AM

CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPLAINTS

I've been with att for over 3 years. Last week on Black Friday, I recycled my i phone 5 at att store (Located in Wedtfiled mallI, store manger is Josh) near where I live, Vancouver WA. I got value of $200 GIFT CARD.
I was told that it's good toward
accessories, phones and tabel purchases. The next day I went to Portland to trade in my Ipad mini 1. I got a value of $90 promo card. I was going to use that $90 + the $200 gift card it toward purchase IPad mini 3 which is $530 (PAY IN FULL).
What the heck, they could not process the freaking $200 gift card that I got from the att, Westfield mall. It made me so mad. What is happening here? I was told it's good toward purchasing devices. I had to drive back to the att Westfield and was talking to james( some sort of region manger but not a store manger). Story short, I had him order me a Ipad 3 wifi only. He said he will let me know by Monday. Who knows? I haven't heard from him. I called the store, asking to talk to a store manager (JOSH). HE'S A {edited for word filter evasion}. HE DIDNT KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF CUSTOMERS. I told Josh that if it's difficult for you guys the just get me ipad 3 cellular one. He said yes. It would take a couple day. Today is Thursday 4th. I haven't heard anything from anyone of them. I called JOSH again today. I asked if you could credit those $200 to my bill since I was able to do with at att store in Portland (where I traded my ipad). Short answer he said NO. We haven't talked much since he's with customer. I'm like what? I'm not a customers? Then he hung up.

Then I called 611, asked to talk to a supervisor. SHE'S A B. SHE KEEPS TELLING ME TO GO TO THE STORE WHILE THOSE GUYS DIDNT EVEN KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

IS THIS HOW YOU TAKE CARE OF CUSTOMERS?

Scholar

• 

457 Messages

9 years ago

The second store you go to, is it a corporate store? If so, they should be able to contact the first store you went to to find out what happen and get it fix. Even if they cannot contact the initial store you went to, they should be able to contact appropriate department to fix the problem for you. If you did go to the corporate store, then I don't know why they wouldn't want to help you out, as that will only hurt their sales, and do them no favor actually. So, I think you might went to an authorized retail dealer store instead of a corporate store. 

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

I've been with AT&T before that was their name since 1999... My phone got disconnected 1st time ever without my consent and I called and the rep said that I made a payment arrangement that I didn't make and don't have to make. While talking to the rep she told me a man made the arrangement and their isn't a man name on the account. No man in my life. The date was when I was out of the country. Anyway she said she couldn't turn it back on and I would have to pay a fee to get service reconnected. I have auto pay and it was due to come out the next day. I expressed my confusion but she responded it's not her fault and we got disconnected. Verizon picked me up within 24 hours and I'm proud. Hopefully their letter states valued customer and they mean it....wow since 1999....

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

Was a bill paid late?  Or are you saying you did not pay late because you are on autopay?

Did your autopay pay on time?

For example, my auto pay is through my credit card, which was replaced last summer by the card company due to a data breach.  I forgot to change all my payments and caught them all after I got a call from 2 places I had set up.  Fortunately ATT was not due yet and I caught it in time.  

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

There has been No late payment with AT&T never. No change of credit card. Auto pay has been the same for the last 7 years. It is mandatory to pay all bills on time.unlike some other people job If I pay A Bill late my job clearance is at jeopardy. Everyone else got their payment on time as schedule. But the point of the matter is a man (according to their rep) called to make a payment arrangement for my account and there is no man in my household. Did they go thru the steps to verify this person knowingly it a female name on the account. Why wasn't there a payment arrangement conformation email sent. Showing what I agreed to. no one in the company can provide me with a straight answer. And for your response it wasn't a solution and what I posted was honest.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I added 60 dollars to my ATT go phone on the second y'all took my unlimited talk text and data off and ATT through my recite away how are u going to fix it

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

There is no plan for my zip code to help save me any money. I live in a rural area. There is no free Wi-Fi floating around out here. I'm burning thru 15G. Half of which is me falling asleep leaving apps running. I'm sure there are people that live in urban areas that use as much data as I do and never use up 1G. Plans should be based on wifi availability at home. My signal is weak at home anyway so everything takes forever. Im.not.happy.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

That isn't how it works.  

Customers with no home wifi are signing up for Direct TV so they can get the unlimited data plan, which is cheaper than your current 15 gigs.

The plan is $60 plus $40 per line.  Basic direct TV is about $68 with everything.

It is required you have ATT TV service to get the unlimited wireless data plan.

If you don't want TV, the new Mobile Share Advantage is a break even with no overages.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

We signed up for AT&T on Jan 31st.   We traded in 5 phones and should have received 5 reward visa cards that would pay for our early lease termination fees on each phone.  We submitted our paperwork on time and got paid for 4 phones.  The fifth phone, they denied because the Store messed up our invoice and listed the same phone number on two of the trade in devices.  Sounds like it should be easy to fix, right?  Just change the duplicated phone number to the correct number and resubmit the claim.  6 months later, over 10 calls to the support desk, multiple online chats and 4 visits back to the store and we are still waiting for our credit.  NO ONE is able to help.  they either transfer us all over the place until we get disconnected, or they tell us that they will call back and don't, or they resubmit our claim and it gets denied.  This is so ridiculous.  We are at a loss as to what to do next.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Once again, ATT customer service goes down the tubes.  Don't use ATT wireless nor anything they sell.  In the last two years they have increased all their products to make up for purchasing their dish service.  Everyone that has a service with them is paying for their acquisitions to purchase other companies.  They never honor their plans that you have grandfathered in.  All they do is increase the prices and reduce the service.  They even want you to troubleshoot your own issues.  I spent three hours on the phone with customer service trying to resolve issues and no one has the knowledge to do anything for you.  I spoke to four different people and had to explain to each one my problem and then they would put me on hold and ask someone else and then I would be speaking to them.  Beware of anything you do with ATT.  I had their phone service for 50 years and they will still treat you with disrespect.  Let the buyer beware.  I will never use anything from this company again.

Guru

• 

561 Messages

5 years ago

I don't know how AT&T works, but some types of gift cards don't work across state lines.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.