Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Raj_314's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, June 10th, 2018 6:39 AM

Credit Inquiry

There is an unauthorized credit inquiry from at&t on my credit report without my consent.

I am very upset and if i do not have it resolved i will be left with no choice else to handle this issue through legal matters...

Very unprofessional work from AT&T.

Regards,

Sarathi

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

6 years ago

Errors on credit reports happen.  Could even be a data entry error by the credit bureau.  Dispute directly with the credit bureau.  

ATT cannot remove the item.  Threatening “legal action” is pointless and will not correct the problem. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I am not threatening legal action. This was a blunt mistake from AT&T. How does the credit bureau know about the new lease I am going to sign which I gave the address to the representative. Also it’s funny that the representative has entered the zip code incorrectly while making the inquiry. I have tried contacting the credit bureau and they said this has to be disputed from the inquirer and I wanted At&T resolve this. If your company don’t want to co-operate then I have no choice to pursue legal action. Please do not say it’s a mistake from credit bureau I have a credit monitoring service account active got a instant alert when I was At&T store.

Regards,

Sarathi

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Raj_314

This is the COMMUNITY.   You are posting to other CUSTOMERS.  

Lol.... you’re not threatening legal action, but you are.  Pick one.  Kind of like you inquired about getting service, but then you didn’t.  Interesting how you see things.....🤔  

You have no recourse as you cannot sue a wireless carrier.  

From what you wrote, it seems you looked into starting ATT service and provided information, that no one else could know and give, to do so.  Now your surprised there is an inquiry?   There is no mistake on ATT’s part.  If you didn’t want service, you didn’t have to provide information to run a credit report.  ATT prices are on the website for all to see without running credit.   

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

LOL. I just received an email from AT&T apologizing on the error. The store manager has disputed the information from his side as this was their error their part as their Intern ran the credit information by a mistake.

I never entered any information. They asked my name and address and ran credit check without my consent. I did not even provide my SSN. They used my drivers license.

You better know how to talk. You can make sarcastic comments but first try to understand the situation from others shoes before you comment.

There is a difference between threatening and making a point clear and giving an opportunity for everyone. We all are human and we tend to make mistakes.

Hope you understand, if not I am least bothered atleast I have made my point in open forum.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.