For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
M

• 

4 Messages

Friday, July 3rd, 2020 3:55 AM

Cancellation

Hello,

Can I cancel my subscription even though I still have one month before the last day of my AT&T plan? I have completely paid for the phone in advance. Just want to know if I need to pay some amount if I cancel one month earlier. Thanks!

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

4 years ago

If you still have a service agreement, then you would pay an early cancellation/termination fee (ECF/ETF) of course.

As this is a public forum of other customers, not customer support, you will need to call AT&T when they are open tomorrow for your account specifics.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

You can cancel at anytime. Not sure what you mean by subscription, ATT wireless is not a subscription service. If you have postpaid service, your final month of service is not prorated, you pay for the full month whether you use it or not. If prepaid, you cancel by stop paying.

• 

4 Messages

Hello, thank you for the info. So, will they cancel my postpaid after the 24-month service agreement or do I have to tell them to cancel it?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

You need to cancel your account. Most accounts are month to month. Usually the only subscription is for your phone purchase. Once your phone is paid in full, you can cancel without any additional fees.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

You also cancel by porting your number to another carrier. If you want to keep your number, you need to port it. If you call and cancel, you lose the number.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

Everything is noted. Thank you all for your help. @sandblaster @kdfederer

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.