Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
countymom's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, January 16th, 2015 5:57 PM

Billing Department

After two years of internet issues - slow speeds and dropped signals - I finally decided to upgrade (so I'm told) to U-verse.  Once I upgraded it seems that my bill was no longer a combined bill.  No one ever told me that all my account numbers would be changing so on the first bill I received I paid it like normal.  This was evidently just my wireless bill.  That payment has been lost in ATT accounting for a month and a half at this point.  I have called in twice and was told twice that the situation was taken care of.  I called today - because I still have larege red type on my account - and was told that nothing had been done about it and that it would now take until the 28th of January to resolve the issue.  The catch is my son's phone is not working and we were looking at upgrading it.  I can't do that until I get the "past due" notice off my bill.    All I get from the ATT reps I talk to is  - I'm sorry we can't do anything to speed up the process.   I actually have a phone number to the Office of the President because of all the issues we had with our internet service.  I'm really thinking about using that number to call and complain.  Anyone have any other suggestions?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

9 years ago

Even if the paper bill is lost you can pay by phone, online or in an AT&T store that accepts payments.

If you paid your wireless bill, but the payment was not recieved, check your records to see if the payment was deducted from your account. Note any account number information to relay to AT&T.

I agree it seems silly they cant figure out where a payment was applied.

And, yes, all services are separate until you join the accounts, which you can do online.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I did pay the bill through my online banking.  They have the money - they know it went to the wrong account.  They have that account number and the know where the money should go.  However, it is going to take them 12 days to correct the error.  This is after I have been contacting them for 10 days trying to get it straight.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

9 years ago

That's dumb....
The billing department should fix it immediately.
Keep complaining, polite, but keep it up.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello! @countymom Thanks for posting your payment concerns in the forum!

I’m sorry you’ve had issues with the payment process for your wireless account. Once you’ve reported that to our billing department, they will send the information to our payment research people and will also set a commitment to contact you back in 5-7 business days with a resolution.

Thanks!

Charise

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

It has now been 7 days since the Billing Department / Accounting got all my information. My account is still listed as past due. I do not understand what the problem is with my account. This is absolutely a nightmare. I am very concerned that my phone is going to be shut off and ATT has my money. Anyone have any suggestions?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Use that phone #!!!!!!! And then email it to me!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!! I beg of thee.... [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.