Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Raja's profile

1 Message

Tuesday, April 9th, 2024 3:35 AM

billed incorrectly

I was on a cruise with the internet package from the ship line, Complete informed AT&T about it but they still charged be more that $6000 saying that I used at&t at sea, Can someone please tell me whom can I approach besides the regular customer service agents to get this reversed It is a source of lot of tension in the family  

ACE - Master

• 

10.6K Messages

1 month ago

Did you buy the AT&T cruise line package?

https://www.att.com/international/cruise-packages/

Or did you buy the package from the cruise line company?  If you bought the cruise line company’s ships Internet, did you put the phone in airplane mode and then turn wifi back on so the cellular radios were disabled?  Were you connected to the correct WiFi network?  It’s sounding like your phone wasn’t properly configured for the ships package that you bought.  If so, the charges are likely legitimate.

You can try filing a notice of dispute on the AT&T website, or filing a BBB complaint to get it escalated to upper management.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

1 month ago

You were not billed incorrectly.

You neglected to manage your phone properly by putting it into airplane mode, and turning Wi-Fi back on so that you could use the ship's Wi-Fi network. 

So you used cellular at sea which charges quite high rates for data usage.  They billed AT&T for your usage and AT&T is passing along those charges to you. 

The charges are valid.   Filing a complaint may get AT&T to credit a portion of the charges, but unlikely they will credit everything.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.