Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
abbyL0103's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 21st, 2015 10:50 PM

At&t Shared Value Plans

This is a really silly question, I cant connect to chat with someone from at&t to help me figure it out, but I am tired of trying to connect to the chat so I wanted to see if anyone could help me!

So I was wondering, with the shared value plans, if I buy 2 phones, and add 3GB to one, does that mean that those 2 phones will share that 3GB monthly? Or could I add 3GB to each of the phones and that would mean they would share 6GB all together monthly? Because its not giving me any other options for my data choices, and I know that my sister and I will most likely use 6GB monthly, but I wanted to add another line too and after 6GB is 10GB and thats way too much$$$!! haha please help!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

Whatever amount of data you get (3GB, 6GB, 10GB or higher) is shared between however many phones you have on your account. So if you get 6GB and you have 2 phones, that does not mean each phone gets 3GB. It means the 2 phones together get 6GB per month. In other words, one phone could use 5 GB and the other phone use 1GB during the month and that would be fine.

As Lizdance noted, the per line discount is higher if you get 10GB or more, so when you add that third line you can increase to 10GB basically at no extra cost. The 6GB plan with 3 phones would be $70 + $25 + $25 + $25 = $145/mo. The 10GB plan would be $100 + $15 + $15 + $15 = $145. In other words, 10GB for the same price because the discount is greater. Note though that you only get the discount if each phone is not under contract. If you buy a phone at the 2 year contract price, you will not get the service discount.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.7K Messages

9 years ago

The data on Mobile Share is pooled (which is why is called a share plan).
The amount of data effects the possible discount on line fees.

10 GBS of data is $100, but the per line fee is discounted by $25, making the line fee only $15 each.
Total $130 a month for service only. You have to add cost of buying a phone if you don't have one.

The line fee on a 6 GB ($70) plan only qualifies for a $15 discount for a line fee of $25
Total of $120 a month for service only. You have to add the cost of buying a phone.

If you add a 3rd phone to the 20 GB plan it only adds $15 for a line fee, plus the cost of buying a phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

thank you guys so much I appreciate your help! 🙂 I know "shared value plan" clearly means it's shared but I just wanted to be completely sure that it was 6GB or whatever being shared between however many phone lines and not 6GB per line, but your answers helped me out a lot! I think I'll go with the AT&T Next, people are telling me it's a great deal!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.