Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
vrobin22's profile

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 20th, 2022 5:05 PM

Closed

ATT IS CHEATING ME EVERY MONTH

THIS IS A CONSUMER COMPLAINT AGAINST MY FAVORITE COMPANY ATT

I really hate having to do this however I have no choice

On Feb 8 2022 I Contacted AT&T to add a new line this line was going to be my 10th line. So it began with me wanting to get my dad number ported over from consumer cellular I thought it was gonna be an easy task but I should’ve known that easy task would be a  major pain in the (Edited per community guidelines) so here’s the deal I needed a new phone an iPhone to be exact and a new line I wanted to keep the same number from consumer cellular so I requested to port number it over I ordered the new iPhone it was discounted for like $10 a month maybe so a temporary number was generated in order for me to order the iPhone I was told that once we got the number ported over the temporary number would be removed and I would be good well they had a problem porting the number over finally got ported then I receive my bill which normally runs around 400+ dollars so I knew I would be tipping over the 500s however my bill was 700 and something dollars so I called what should’ve been a easy correction turned out to be a five hour call only to get adjustments on my account AT&T literally had me in tears the first phone call went like this oh there was some prorations and you just need to pay this portion and it’ll fall off next month so I said sir how could I have prorations that are almost $200 makes no sense he kept giving me the runaround so I asked for a manager then the manager was just about to give me the same runaround when I said stop it why is the phone number that I added a Ported over doesn’t have my name on it it says AT&T something something something well she said oh that happens sometimes I say well why am I being charged regular price for this number when it should be a part of my account and she said oh well it looks like you’ve reached your 10th line so that phone had to go on a separate account and I said no I only had 9 lines when I started so she investigated the account and saw that I was being charged for a temporary line and that it would be or has been canceled so needless to say she made adjustments and said that she opened up a ticket which there was a ticket open initially because somebody saw the mistake but then they close the ticket so she reopen the ticket and I thought that was it until this month same thing called AT&T to tell them about their mistake this was yesterday where I was told that the easy way to do it is to except the temporary number and the number that you want to put it over we’ll just delete that one and I said well he’s using that number that’s the number he’s been having for you well I was told he that says the number the temporary number had the installment on it the system would not allow changes to that line where I said well I’m not paying for two lines that’s not gonna happen and I’m not gonna be on this phone for five hours again so I need to talk to the president well I used to have the presidents phone number and now that was disconnected no more reaching out to the president to complain they say so that it has come to social media or any platform for justice long long story short now AT&T wants me to pay for two lines even though I only ordered one but because the system is unable or it’s not in the capabilities of tech-support or the loyalty department or anyone to make those changes I have to eat the Charges what or keep the temporary number which is a major major p(Edited per community guidelines) that’s not gonna happen so now I’m reaching out on social media oh I forget the tech did offer for me to pay the phone off and then they can make the correction my thing is if I didn’t pay the phone off when I ordered it what makes AT&T think I’m a pay it off in full for something AT&T did so I said AT&T needs to eat the total charges of that iPhone which is only 200+ dollars maybe three and fix my account it’s only fair since AT&T jacked my account it then I was so oh no we’re not allowed to do that what AT&T needs to do something because I’m not gonna keep calling AT&T every month for adjustments just to go through this whole conversation all over again every month I have high blood pressure and a whole Lot of health issues every time I talk to AT&T I get sick literally so now maybe this will help maybe not I don’t know but somebody needs to call me immediately I’m not doing this every month nope please give me a call or email me thanks AT&T has now broken my spirit they are no longer good to me and I will no longer be referring AT&T to anyone else

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

This is mainly a customer populated forum, not a way to connect ATT support. You might get a reply from ATTHelp but otherwise, no one from ATT will call or email you from your post here. Your post is too long for me to read, paragraphs and punctuation would help but if you don’t get a response from ATTHelp and phone calls aren’t getting results, you can escalate to corporate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

2 years ago

Please don't make multiple posts for the same purpose

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.