Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
rahorton's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, December 14th, 2017 3:11 PM

AT&T Fraud Department

Has anyone had any luck getting in touch with Fraud Department? A phone was purchased on my account over the weekend and I have been trying to contact the fraud department for 4 days now.  Yesterday I was on hold for 2&1/2 hours with no answer.  This is ridiculous that they allow people to order things on your account a red flag should be drawn when the thief is putting to ship the product to an address in a different state then your billing address.  AT&T needs to have a better process to handle this situation because it seems like it is affecting a lot of people now days.  It seems like this may be an inside job like someone who is working for AT&T.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have been on hold with fraud over same issue with iphone x being ordered from my account for 4 hours today.  Nobody is picking up!!!!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Same here I am on hold too no one is answering....like is anyone working in the fraud department it should not take this long to get through.  They should have a call back system to leave your number to call you back because no one has all day to wait on the phone.   It doesn't make any sense that they can not do anything in the store to help you.  With all the fraud that has happened this month you would think they would have more people working in the fraud department to help their customers. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Me too :(( Received an email from AT&T last week about a shipment of a purchase order of 1 iPhone X. The problem is I never purchased any iphone via AT&T. I called customer services who then transferred me to "Fraud Unit" - 877-844-5584. I waited for 2 hours and 15 minutes and the phone was disconnected!! I was exhausted after that long wait and not able to call them back to deal with the headache again on the same day. So I called the customer services again the next day. But this time, I asked the customer rep to casenote the fraud issue in my account before transferring me to the Fraud Unit. So he did. Unfortunately, I wasted another 3 hours waiting for fraud unit to service my call but no one ever answered my call. I had to give up waiting because I got other things in life to handle instead of listening to their sales recording (especially the part about ordering Xphone) for hours!!! Sad, such a big company can't even staff up such an important unit like Fraud Unit to handle fraud reporting. They chose to abuse their loyal customers in such a manner is a shame. At this time, I just don't know how and where to report this fraudulent order within AT&T so that they can acknowledge it, investigate it and most importantly, not post any charges associated to this fraudulent transaction to my account. I am seriously thinking about changing services carrier!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.