Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
O

• 

1 Message

Saturday, September 4th, 2021 8:53 AM

ATT Customer Service is Horrible!

I joined Att a few weeks ago and I was very hesitant,  because I live in an area where some providers have spotty coverage, well the Rep assured me over and over that I would have 5G service amd I would get fast data speeds, he also informed me that paying for the $65 plan would essentially provide me with lightning fast data speeds, with not congestion or throttling. I was lied too, I told him T mobile works perfect out here, and he said that I would get better service, and offered me the s21 5G. I gladly accep3ted and then continued on with the process, in which I was informed that I would receive a (700 trade in promo) and I could add a galaxy watch as well, neither of those things happened and my coverage at my home was HORRIBLE, I then went in to complain and he took my phone to the back, and switched the sim card without asking for permission,  and proceeded to charge me for said SIM. Doing so, caused my account to be flagged and locked for 48 hours and I couldn't add my watch to my plan! So I called loyalty and few days later, after a couple days of again having g almost little to no service on my 3md at home, and requested that I be compensated for the lying and misinformation. They offered me a bill credit of $25, and told me I could go pick my watch up from the AtT store and that it was waiting on me, they had credited sales tax for me, so that it would show up on my bill instead of that day to help compensate for my unfortunate experience with AtT, and now they are saying that rep lied and blah blah blah, and I'm not sure what to do from here, is there a retention department above loyalty? Or a corporate number I can call? I really feel as if I've been taken advantage of and manipulated!

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

3 years ago

Generally the "loyalty" department is just another nickname for retention/cancellation. Regardless of what a store agent tells you, always verify as they are in a high pressured sales environment. Gets worse with Authorized Retailers as they are 3rd party.

After store management and customer care over the phone the next step would be a BBB/FCC complaint. That takes it to the corporate level.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.8K Messages

3 years ago

1.   It is 100% On Us customers to choose the carrier that works for us. 

2.  Coverage is never guaranteed!  It's in writing, which means that you signed a piece of paper agreeing that coverage was not guaranteed in your area. It doesn't matter how great AT&T coverage is everywhere else if it doesn't serve you at home.

You didn't have to trade in a phone for 30 days, you had three days to cancel service with essentially no cost except the restock fee.  And you had 14 days to return the phone and not have to pay for it.   If you did not take advantage of all the ways to cancel and go back to T-Mobile that's entirely on you.  

All this ⬆️ was in the written papers/tablet document you signed.  You should have read it, and used it.  

As @Juniper  mentioned, loyalty is suppose to try and keep you a customer.  The $25 credit probably was from loyalty.  It seems pretty obvious that the service is not working out for you. It's not 'loyalty' you want, it's to switch back to your old carrier.  Unfortunately if you stayed this long you cannot get out of AT&T without paying off your phone. Fortunately you can probably use it on T-Mobile once you pay it off and unlock it from AT&T. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.