Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
D.perez87's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 7:01 PM

Asurion att dont want to refund my money

I filed a claim for wireless phone in Dec 2016. My s6 phone was well taken care of just issues with the battery. Att suggested to call Asurion so I did. I received phone it was never set up or used I just noticed asurion sent me a refurbished phone so i returned it within days. I paid $100 for the phone on att bill. Been calling asurion since Jan 2017 feb 2017 march 2017 may 2017 july 2017 and still no refund of my money. ATT AND ASURION throwing me back and forth.. NO ONE will give me my $100 back!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

You should have kept the phone.  Unless it was in poor shape, it was a valid replacement for yours.

Your issue is entirely between you and Asurion.  Asurion rightly billed you for a replacement.

If you had read the Insurnace information, you are provided with a refurbished, like replacement.  You were NEVER insured for a new phone.  Keep in mind, you already had a used phone, yours.  

Contact Asurion and ask for a replacement back.    

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

If you used the label that was in the box....they assumed that phone was the one you were returning.

The insurance pamphlet that is mailed to anyone enrolled and the terms of insurance states that Asurion may provide a certified device as a replacement. This is standard across the industry. Expectation of a new replacement should never exist. No one gives new phones as insurance or warranty.

Deductible is non-refundable. Terms are listed here:

https://protectioncenter.att.com/content/dam/asurion/attmdpp/miterms.pdf

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I should have kept the phone.. but i returned it and yes they rightfully charged me and since it was returned to them they should have issued my refund. Asurion insists att was aware of refund and they keep going back and forth blaming one another and still no refund.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

After speaking to asurion I was told to follow return instructions even if it was for the replacement they had sent me with new box and accessories. I should have never expected a new device, my fault. Yet is it CORRECT to keep a customers money if the phone they sent out was shipped back to them and they comfirmed receiving it

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I feel like ATT and Asurion don't communicate to each other, so if they are telling you different stories, try getting the two of them on a three-way call so everyone can be on the same page. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.