For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
rixmax's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, June 9th, 2018 4:47 AM

After 20+ years with ATT - enough lies and "customer service"

I currently have 4 lines with AT&T and also an Ipad on the bill, I live in the US.  20gig/month with rollover, I'm in the USA.

When I called today to see if there were any new/better deals I was told yes and that I was getting a much better plan than my "old" one.  I'd be getting unlimited data, faster speeds when not on wifi and FREE HBO "for life"... all for $20 LESS than I was paying on my 4 old lines.  You know the old adage "if it's too good to be true, it probably is"?  Yeah, I should have listened to it.  So... In the process of trying to get "free HBO" to turn on ( I was told it happened immediately once I called the DirecTV # she provided. I was told from DirecTV it took 30 days from one person and when I complained she said she did me a favor and it was switched on now - it wasn't - and then I was told  by a manager that it took 7 days to activate).  So, in the process of talking/complaining to other associates, supervisors and managers I finally got transferred to the "loyalty dep't".  Being a 20 year customer and spending a God-Awful amount every year on ATT Wireless I thought "finally, yes - a department that will  understand".  Again, I was wrong.  As she was walking me through my "new plan" and, incidentally, how I could get the HBO turned on she did the math, at my insistence, and we found out my bill would not be $20 less - it would be $40 MORE per month!  So I had the  "Loyalty Dep't"  change the plan  back to my original one and she "gave" me a $60 credit to offset the prorated charges. At the end of all this and 4 1/2 hours on the phone w/ ATT/DirecTV they wanted me to be happy because they... wait for it... put my plan back to the way it was.  After being promised all those perks/lower bill... now I should be happy that it wasn't worse.  I truly believe ATT does NOT care about their customers any more. When I tried to escalate the call past a manager at the "Loyalty Dep't" I was given a web address to file a complaint and guess what - it doesn't work.  I tried on my phone, on my tablet and on my computer and it didn't work on ANY of those devices.  A convenient way to cut down on complaints.  Even their automated "chat" line wouldn't work!  I have 2 lines not under contract any more and I'm looking into other carriers tomorrow UNLESS someone from ATT happens to read this and actually care about me.  I'm only one customer but it all starts with one customer... I used to like ATT.  After this many years and paying a lot every month I deserve at least the truth, to be treated fairly and not be insulted when they act like "doing the right thing" is something I should be thankful for.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

I’m just guessing you have the Mobile Share Value Plan: 20 gig plan, assuming no promotion was $140 + (15 x 4) = $200 base price.

Unlimited plus enhanced 4 lines are $190.  https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html

And you get $15 credit on your TV service.

That is $25 less than your old plan, unless you had a HUGE discount on that data plan, which is possible.   (I have a big discount on the same data plan.  

And I’m not counting the free HBO which is worth $15. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

What are you wanting from AT&T at this point? You can check online and do a plan comparison to see if there’s a better option for you. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

I missed the iPad which would mean an added line (5 lines) and a break even on the bill.  Still get a $15 discount off TV and free HBO.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.