For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Alkhal's profile

Mentor

• 

73 Messages

Saturday, November 27th, 2010 4:02 PM

Why are so many games BLACKED OUT?

How come any Miami Heat games are blacked out (I live in Orlando) on the Florida Sports channel? I search through every channel and it is not on my local ones? What is the purpose of having the channel if you black out every game.. And I mean every game....

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

13 years ago

You can't watch out of market professional games on the RSN's.  Since Uverse doesn't carry NBA League Pass, you would have to switch providers to watch it on TV or you can get it for your computer.

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/broadband/index.html

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

13 years ago

The Orlando Magic force TV providers in your area to black out the Heat games. The Magic want you to watch their games, not the Heat.

Mentor

• 

73 Messages

13 years ago

Is there any alternative channel or package I can get? I seriously despise the magic.. At this point I would rather watch the Wnba..

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

13 years ago

Solutution:  Move to Miami?  LOL  Enjoy the WNBA! Smiley Very Happy

Guru

• 

814 Messages

13 years ago

@Alkhal wrote:

How come any Miami Heat games are blacked out (I live in Orlando) on the Florida Sports channel? I search through every channel and it is not on my local ones? What is the purpose of having the channel if you black out every game.. And I mean every game....

They are saving you the pain of watching the Heat implode! BOOM, dream team, 72 wins. LOL the Cav's are one game shy of them and they are 3rd in the division. Already had a players only meeting, blaming it on the coach, while Pat Riley sits and watches from the side lines, waiting for his shot at coach again. oh the drama of it all!! LOL

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

@RemyM wrote:

You can't watch out of market professional games on the RSN's.  Since Uverse doesn't carry NBA League Pass, you would have to switch providers to watch it on TV or you can get it for your computer.

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/broadband/index.html

If your TV has the right inputs, you could also hook a computer up to the TV.

One benefit to having the package on TV is that you can take your computer on the road and watch the games while away from the TV.  (I think this is still based on zip code.  Your local team, based on billing address, would be blacked out, but the team where you are presently located would be fine on league pass.)

For example:  If a Knicks fan in Chicago orders the package online, they cannot watch the Bulls online, but they can watch the Knicks.  If they travel to NYC, they cannot watch the Bulls online, but could watch the Knicks online.

I think that's how it works.

Guru

• 

622 Messages

13 years ago

It's the same way in northern California.  There are two Comcast sports channels in the area - Bay Area, which covers the Warriors and (I think) the Giants (baseball), and California, which covers the Kings, A's, and Sharks.  Because the two baseball teams are on different channels, most cities in northern California get both stations, but they are divided into a "Warriors zone" and a "Kings zone".  Cities in the Warriors zone get a version of the California channel that replaces the Kings games with other shows; cities in the Kings zone get a  version of the Bay Area channel that replaces the Warriors games.  I assume it's the same way in southern California with the Lakers and Clippers.

-- Don

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.