For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Lfoster9's profile

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 2nd, 2022 9:26 AM

Closed

OAN

I see you will not be carrying  OAN One America News as an option for your Att-U-verse channels.  I am re-evaluating who my cable provider will be.  Promoting Communist cancel culture ideas and big tech suppression is un-American and the majority of Americans will not stand for this.  Removing a news station because the left wing people don’t like it is flat out wrong.  Cancel culture can work both ways.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Is it true: One America News being dropped from Directv?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

2 years ago

OANN is being definitely being dropped from the DIRECT TV lineup and MAY get dropped from Uverse if negotiations fail.

There is currently no official announcement concerning UverseTV & OANN.

(edited)

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

2 years ago

The only reason anything gets done is for money.  

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

2 years ago

"Promoting Communist cancel culture ideas"

"Cancel culture can work both ways."

So which is it?

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

I agree 100%+++ - OANN is my favorite station & if U-verse doesn’t bring it back I will quit them!!!

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

Vote with our wallets also.

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

What's funny and alarming at the same time is my original post about OANN has already been removed......really guys???

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

While it is true that all of the news networks align themselves with specific ideologies, OANN is one of the very few that has kept to the concept that they REPORT the "news" and events that are noteworthy over the course of the "news cycle" rather than what the "major" news channels do, which is to BECOME the news by voicing their aligned opinion MORE EXTENSIVELY than unbiased reporting of news throughout any day.

Yes, OANN does have "news shows" where their TV personalities give opinions about "popular" news/events, and their "alignment" is on the "right side" of the political spectrum. (NOTE that anybody who prefers to not watch these types of shows on OANN - and on ALL channels - always has the option to change the channel or turn their TV off). It is my opinion that the availability of (Edited per community guidelines) views on reporting and commentary is a GOOD THING - presenting viewpoints on both sides of the political spectrum so that the citizens of our free democratic republic have the liberty of seeing and hearing a variety of views and concepts on events in addition to the high number of (Edited per community guidelines) (left-side) outlets that already exist.

The sad and disturbing (and obvious) fact is that a corporation with companies such as AT&T/U-verse/DirecTV has chosen to remove OANN from their channel lineup. With consideration to the nature of our country's fundamental political design and intent (being a "democratic republic" that affords freedom of speech, for example), and in order to present equal access to opinions on all sides of events, it would seem prudent that responsible corporations and companies should seek to find MORE OUTLETS on both sides of the political spectrum ((Edited per community guidelines)-centrist-(Edited per community guidelines)) that will allow viewers to (1) obtain a variety of opinions, (2) view to choose what they desire to see and hear, and (3) not be limited to and imbalance of political viewpoints, while retaining their rights and ability to navigate away from (change) any channel they choose to not watch – WITHOUT being funneled or guided to only one opinion that the corporation/company decides is “correct”.

I, for one, am seeking to find a corporation that offers such a variety, so that I am not funneled into a lineup that provides almost exclusively a one-sided and equivocal view of news and events. This will not include AT&T/U-verse/DirecTV due to their clear desire to move toward a far-left biased line-up of reporting outlets.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.