For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
MRuske's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 8th, 2015 5:54 PM

No NHL Network on U-verse

To the person/people at AT&T responsible for not having the NHL Network:

I started as a U-verse customer in June 2015 after horrible experiences with Directv. Prior to committing to the contract, I asked SPECIFICALLY if the MLB, NFL, and NHL networks were included in my package and was told yes. I was not even considering the possibility that a major cable provider wouldn’t carry one of the networks, I was solely concerned about making sure they were all included in the package I was purchasing.

After being told the networks were all included, I committed to the contract. Last night, the NHL season begins and I go to find the NHL Network and cannot locate it on my guide. I called this morning and after being on hold for 43 minutes and being told once again, yes we offer the channel, I waited for the call back from the customer service representative who said she would solve the issue, get the channel on my TV and call me back to confirm.

After waiting 4 more hours, I called back and was then told “No, we actually don’t offer the channel.” Strange, because I have been told not once, but twice that you do. “No, we don’t offer the channel but Directv does. We could switch you over to Directv for no cost and you could get the channel that way.” One of the reasons I originally went with U-verse was because of how horrible my experience was as a Directv customer…constantly didn’t have connection because the internet wasn’t working or the weather of 75 and sunny was creating problems.

AT&T’s resolution to not having a channel EVERY SINGLE OTHER PROVIDER carries, was to switch me to another one of their providers? Well my apartment complex doesn’t allow Directv, so even if I wanted to return to that provider of whom I made a point to avoid, I could not. In conclusion, AT&T does not have a solution to a very simple problem. If the issue is not resolved by the time my contract is up in June 2016, they will 100% lose me a customer. I sincerely hope this message is received by AT&T and most importantly all of you out there who are as frustrated as I am. In 2015, there is NO reason why a cable provider should not offer a channel such as the NHL Network. Heck, there are even playoff games on the freaking channel.  

Matt

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

9 years ago

Uverse customer service line is not the best. With that being said, Uverse has not had NHL network since 2011. A simple search on the Uverse website that shows what channels are offered would have confirmed NHL is not on Uverse or the various articles floating on the internet.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Was I wrong in assuming that a major cable provider would offer a basic channel? Sure. But when I am told directly by a rep that "Yes, we have that channel." why would I assume they don't? 

I am less concerned about poor customer service and more concerned about a major cable provider getting their "stuff" together and offering their customers a basic sports network. 

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

@MRuske wrote:

Was I wrong in assuming that a major cable provider would offer a basic channel? Sure. But when I am told directly by a rep that "Yes, we have that channel." why would I assume they don't? 

I am less concerned about poor customer service and more concerned about a major cable provider getting their "stuff" together and offering their customers a basic sports network. 

@MRuske wrote:

I would call channels like HGTV, ESPN and TNT to be "basic" channels. Considering NHL Network was on AT&T's sports tier and is on other "extended" or "digital" tiers, I would not call it a basic channel.

I can search for "U-Verse NHL Network" and instantly get a ton of results about it not existing on the U-Verse lineup. I don't need to rely on someone who may or may not receive commission when making a sale.

If I call up Time Warner or Comcast and ask if I can get SportsTime Ohio in Florida, would I get a straight up "no" or would I get a roundabout answer like "Our sports tier includes many sports like hockey, golf, soccer, baseball and others."

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

On November 18, 2016, the NHL Network returned to AT&T U-verse: Channel 1638.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I was just shopping U-verse and found the NHL Network is only available on the top tier u450 at an additional $50 a month!   I don't think so!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.