For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
RhPositive's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, February 7th, 2018 5:35 PM

No Guide Info For 2 Days

I’ve had no Guide Info for days; Info Button has become useless. Have restarted the Gateway via the AT&T app without results. Must I restart everything manually to regain full service?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

Try a Whole House Reboot:

Unplug DVR

Unplug any STBs

Unplug RG (modem) lastly.  Wait 20 sec. and return power.  Note: If you are using a BBU you may have to use the red restart button on the back.  Either way, restart the RG.

Allow RG to become totally functional (all lights lite and blinking).

Plug in DVR.  Wait for it to become functional.

Plug in STBs.

Check the Guide.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Well, I'm glad I knew what a "Whole House Reboot" is, because I have no idea what an "SBT" is. Thanks for confirming my suspicion that I'd have to reset the whole network, and you might want to reconsider the amount of acronyms you use, in case you're dealing with a rank "newbie."

At any rate, it worked; my guide is back, and I can again schedule recordings.

In 2 years of DirecTV, I had to knock snow off of our dish ONCE, in order to restore lost service/reception. During the 5 months we've had U-verse, I've had to perform a complete network reset at least half a dozen times. This speaks volumes about a comparison of the 2 services, IMHO.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

STB - Set Top Box, non-DVR receiver.  (Google would have also provided that answer)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.