For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
CardBlueRam's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, May 20th, 2015 9:32 PM

NHL Network????

Are there any updates to when this will be resolved?

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

9 years ago

No one on this forum would know that it was resolved until they actually saw the NHL Network back on the channel guide. But I agree with AT&T in this dispute. The NHL Network overestimates their worth and value wanting to be on U300 instead of being content with being in the Sports Package and U450. They show maybe a game or two a week on their network during the NHL season. The NBC Sports Network actually has more NHL coverage than the NHL Network does. And let's face it, when it comes to popularity, the NHL is definitely behind the NFL, NBA, and MLB, so just because those networks are on U300 doesn't necessarily mean that the NHL Network should be. You can also watch hockey on you regional sports network. For instance, I get the Carolina Hurricanes on FOX Sports South. And if you want all the NHL you can handle you can subscribe to NHL Gamecenter Live and watch just about every NHL game on your computer, tablet or TV (if you have Roku, Apple TV, etc.). So in my opinion life without the NHL Network is just fine. It is not an essential channel.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

It is worth a shot as some might hear of new information given the reach of AT&T users. 

I do watch on the FS channels, but the NHL network provides more in depth coverage than NBC Sports most times.  I'll disagree with your assesment that it shouldn't be included..  If anything dump the NBA network.. Basketball is quite the nonessential "sport."

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

9 years ago

I personally have nothing against hockey or the NHL. In fact, I like it.  I subscribe to NHL Gamecenter Live.  If the NHL Network came back I would probably look at it occasionally.  I was just trying to tell you why it isn't being offered and why I backed AT&T up for their reasons for not offering it.  The dispute seems to be more the fault of the NHL than of UVerse.  Regardless of what sports individual people like you and me like and want to watch, the overall national numbers and ratings don't lie- the NBA (and MLB and NFL) are more popular sports in this country and I understand why AT&T would balk at the NHL demanding exactly the same treatment as those sports.  Financially, it doesn' add up.  The NHL Network should settle for U-450 and The Sports Package.  Then they would be back on UVerse!  But as long as they insist on wanting to be on U-300, UVerse will probably never carry them.

Mentor

• 

62 Messages

9 years ago

I guess that I'm on the NHL's side on this one. I'd rather just pay for the U300 Sports package as I don't care about a lot of the premium stuff on U450. I also get NHL GameCenter, which costs me an extra $150/year because AT&T won't resolve this; after all, hockey was a sport last time I looked, so what's the problem with being in the Sports Package?

Also, when you have NHL Game Center, if a game is broadcast in your area by other providers that have NHL Network (like Xfinity, which I may have to switch to if this doesn't resolve), Game Center blacks it out. So, you have the ultimate catch-22 of paying for both cable TV and NHL Game Center and still can't get that game that you want to see. Additionally, as others have said, there is a lot of other hockey programming on NHL that is simply unavailable from other sources.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

On November 18, 2016, the NHL Network returned to AT&T U-verse: Channel 1638.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.