Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Do_It_Knightly's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 15th, 2019 8:25 PM

Closed

NFL Network & RedZone are gone

Can anyone, preferably from AT&T, tell me if NFL Network & RedZone are no longer being carried on U-verse? At 4:15pm today I tried to go to channels 1629 & 1630, but what I saw was a message saying “This channel is no longer carried” and there was a reference to TVpromise.org. First time I’ve ever seen that message. To me, that isn’t just that the NFL Network is offline with broadcast issues. It’s that U-verse has dropped those two channels. Anyone else have this issue or heard anything about it?

Community Support

• 

232.1K Messages

5 years ago

We understand NFL Network and Red Zone are important to you. While they remain available on DIRECTV, we could not reach an agreement with the NFL to continue to carry these channels on U-verse and DIRECTV NOW.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

This is bull! Just ask around

• 

25.7K Messages

5 years ago

We understand NFL Network and Red Zone are important to you. While they remain available on DIRECTV, we could not reach an agreement with the NFL to continue to carry these channels on U-verse and DIRECTV NOW.

Sorry but due to the losses if millions of customers we have to let you go. Sorry for the inconvenience.

AT&T, meanwhile, fell more than 4% after posting first-quarter revenue numbers that disappointed investors. The company's revenue was dragged down by weak sales in its WarnerMedia division.

‘’Are you ready for it?

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Update please!!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

It's actually baffling and extremely upsetting that Uverse decided to move ESPN to NFL Network for draft coverage. Did they really think nobody would notice or did they think we weren't capable of picking up a remote and flipping to ESPN or ABC? They think it's the same content. IT'S NOT! At this point, I'm dropping Uverse even if they reinstate NFL network. Enough is enough. My lease for my house is ending in two months and when I move into my next place, I"m going with Xfinity even though it will likely cost a little more. I"m okay with that though for quality and peace of mind. Only thing that stinks is that Uverse doesn't care and they won't care even if they lose a million customers. This is just the cost of doing business for them. What a terrible run organization. Have fun!

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

So are Uverse customers not going to be able to watch the Draft on ESPN or ABC? 

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

SweetElla-  Yes, I see what you mean.  How do you know that the black screen with the blue star means "blocked"?   I have a hard time believing that anything broadcast on ABC would be blocked.  That's a free national network.  I'm thinking that somebody somewhere just didn't set up the graphics for the Draft properly on the channel guide.  In fact, if you go to 1629 (the old NFL Redzone), the current message says:

This channel is no longer available.

We regret any inconvenience.  The April 25-27 NFL Draft is available on ABC, ESPN*, ESPN*2, and ESPN Deportes**, as well as their related websites and apps.

*ESPN and ESPN2 are available on U100 and above.

**ESPN Deportes is available on U200LA, U300LA, U450LA, U400 and U450.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah, we need answers from someone who has actually spoken with ATT regarding this matter 

Community Support

• 

232.1K Messages

5 years ago

Hi. We understand NFL Network and Red Zone are important to you. While they remain available on DIRECTV, we could not reach an agreement with the NFL to continue to carry these channels on U-verse and DIRECTV NOW.

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

I'm not sure why ATTCares keeps posting the same statement that the NFL and AT&T could not reach an agreement and that's why there's no more NFL Network/Redzone.  The explanation doesn't help U-verse customers.  How hard did they try to come to an agreement?   WHY could they not come to an agreement?  Will negotiations resume at some point?   We don't know the answers 'cause no one in the know will answer.  You're not going to get any "Accepted Solution" responses because AT&T has not offered one.  Switching to DirecTV is not an acceptable or desirable solution.  Neither is having to take other drastic measures such as cutting the cable cord entirely.  But for many, you leave them no other choice. 

The only Accepted Solution is for AT&T to put their customers first, come to an agreement with the NFL and reinstate the NFL Network.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.