Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Do_It_Knightly's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 15th, 2019 8:25 PM

Closed

NFL Network & RedZone are gone

Can anyone, preferably from AT&T, tell me if NFL Network & RedZone are no longer being carried on U-verse? At 4:15pm today I tried to go to channels 1629 & 1630, but what I saw was a message saying “This channel is no longer carried” and there was a reference to TVpromise.org. First time I’ve ever seen that message. To me, that isn’t just that the NFL Network is offline with broadcast issues. It’s that U-verse has dropped those two channels. Anyone else have this issue or heard anything about it?

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

5 years ago

I can’t have a satellite dish we I live!

Scholar

• 

36 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah, he was reading off a script until my sudden injection of this topic caused him to instantly deviate from the script. Don't kid yourself otherwise. I have been there multiple times previously. They always continue with the $99 script no matter what is said. This time as soon as he heard one syllable devoted to NFL Network he surrendered the $99 point instantly. 

Regardless, Easter Sunday suddenly turned into Shill Sunday. Once it requires 5 consecutive posts you would think that might be a slight hint at how desperate it sounds. I believe the phrase is...when you're explaining you're losing.

• 

25.7K Messages

5 years ago

Before the next wave of TV deals will be negotiated, the NFL will surely be doing its biggest deal yet in the environment where much of what used to be viewed on TV is now being consumed.

Via NBCNews.com, the NFL could move its out-of-market streaming rights to Amazon or Disney. Amazon already streams Thursday Night Football, and Disney would surely love to boost the offerings of its in-house streaming service, ESPN+.

Recent tensions have emerged between the NFL and AT&T, which has purchased DirecTV. Meanwhile, ESPN has worked hard to rebuild bridges to 345 Park Avenue, and Amazon has become a behemoth in the streaming/sales space. Its value comes from the merger of viewing preferences and purchase habits, enabling Amazon to tailor commercials to viewers, who can make a purchase with the click of a button while otherwise watching a game.

Per the report, the NFL also has considered Google and Netflix for a streaming deal. The former has been “on and off”; the latter has never shown interest.

AT&T abruptly dropped NFL Network from Uverse and DirecTV now this week, while keeping NFLN in the DirecTV lineup. This development surely doesn’t make it more likely that DirecTV and the NFL will renew its longstanding arrangement, which began in 1994.

It’s possible that, in the end, DirecTV will keep the satellite rights while another company assumes the streaming of the games, allowing people in rural areas that lack high-speed Internet access to continue to watch all Sunday afternoon games and giving the NFL a potent double-dip with big fees both from DirecTV and a new streaming partner.

Scholar

• 

36 Messages

5 years ago

The football forums are saying that Amazon and Disney are battling for the rights to Sunday Ticket. AT&T supposedly is still in the running but considered an underdog among the three

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

AT&T get the NFL network back or start losing a lot of customers. If I am not going to have NFL network I might as well switch to a much lower cost alternative.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

You can get nfl channel on fire stick in sport central

• 

25.7K Messages

5 years ago

“You can get nfl channel on fire stick in sport central”

Nope. Just because a fire stick has a NFL app doesn’t mean you can use it. You’ll need to sign in with your provider and since U-verse is no longer a provider so much for that.

Community Support

• 

232.1K Messages

5 years ago

We understand your frustration. The NFL Network and Red Zone remain available to all fans on DIRECTV. However, as we continue to manage content costs, we could not reach an agreement with the NFL to continue to carry these channels on U-verse and DIRECTV NOW.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Please try harder. For the last decade, NFL Network and RedZone have
comprised over 99% of my live TV-watching time. I get a significant
discount for U-Verse, but without NFL Network and RedZone I will have no
other choice but to cancel my service and find a different TV provider, even
if it costs more. And no, DirecTV is not an option.

Thank you.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

ATT Cares. Since you understand our frustration and want to manage cost, why weren’t we offered a lower rate when we called to determine why the channel was not available? We were told no concessions will be made. Why are we being forced to pay the same for less?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.