For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Scholar

• 

237 Messages

5 years ago

@Frustrationr only way to get the NFL network and NFL red zone is ether through DirecTV or an add on streaming service like sling. 

At&t will drop by here every once in a while and post a statement indicating how they understand that the NFL channel is important and how it remains available for DirecTV customers but At&t could not reach an agreement to keep it on uverse. 

Well, if they truly understood that it was important, then they would have found a way to make it available for ALL customers.. At&t doesn't care about its uverse customers. Remove the NFL network but keep it for DirecTV; launch the ACC network, but only for DirecTV......

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I NEED TO ADD ABC,CBS, AND NBC TO MY PACKAGE...HELP!!! I NEED IT TODAY FOR FOOTBALL

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Can I just chat

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have received no information for Directv or Nexstar or At&t  about the outage .  I live in Des Moines, IA  and have not had ABC for the past 3 months. Yet being charged, I am sure.  I view this as manipulation of what we can watch and find it awful.  The only option is to go with Mediacom and they are terrible.   Now I have looked on the Web and do not find any information since July 6.   

I suppose I could set up the local antenna, but I am 72 and too old to do it myself.  I can use ABC online, but where is the fun in that.    I'd like to sit in my easy chair and watch that channel.

Yet we as the consumer are essentially told we don't matter or count, but keep shelling out the bucks for crappy programming. I don't want to watch Dr. Ho's cure for back ache, Dr. Pimple Popper or Do you poop enough....

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

5 years ago

@Weatheraardvark wrote:

I have received no information for Directv or Nexstar or At&t  about the outage .  I live in Des Moines, IA  and have not had ABC for the past 3 months. Yet being charged, I am sure.  I view this as manipulation of what we can watch and find it awful.  The only option is to go with Mediacom and they are terrible.   Now I have looked on the Web and do not find any information since July 6.   

I suppose I could set up the local antenna, but I am 72 and too old to do it myself.  I can use ABC online, but where is the fun in that.    I'd like to sit in my easy chair and watch that channel.

Yet we as the consumer are essentially told we don't matter or count, but keep shelling out the bucks for crappy programming. I don't want to watch Dr. Ho's cure for back ache, Dr. Pimple Popper or Do you poop enough....

Information about Nexstar not providing the feed would be on the channel itself, so informing only those that care about it. You can check https://tvpromise.att.com/ for an overview of the Nexstar situation or even check by your zip code to verify if that is affecting you or something else.

This is not a "manipulation of channels" or other such conspiracy theory. Simply put the agreement between AT&T/DirecTV and Nexstar came up and they are negotiating their next carriage agreement. Unfortunately this has been one of the longer ones. It is theorized that Nexstar is using the pending NFL season as leverage for higher costs and so will not provide an extension, at least not without an added cost for the additional time.

The package cost is the same regardless of how many local channels you have as Terms of Service state they can change at any time. No TV provider can guarantee a particular channel always being there. So you pay for access to locals for your area, but not a guarantee of certain ones. Only if you have no locals at all would there be a no-locals version of the package which is cheaper. You can call DirecTV and see about possibly getting a courtesy credit, though there is no requirement that they do so.

If you have the 2nd/3rd generation Genie (HR44/HR54) call DirecTV and request their Local Channel Connector (LCC) kit. This accessory though in testing, has been opened up for those in a Nexstar area. It allows you to connect regular antenna to your DirecTV box, and even comes with a simple indoor antenna as part of the kit. That way you have a easy option for the free broadcast channels and don't have to change inputs. You can use your own antenna with the kit if preferred. The included antenna shouldn't be an issue for you to setup, but using your own might needs some assistance from friend/family depending how extravagant it is.

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Beasldav wrote:

“The misinformation campaign began when AT&T indicated that “Nexstar pulled 120 of its local broadcast stations…” Nexstar said in a statement. “Nexstar did not pull its stations or ask for their removal from AT&T’s DirecTV, U-verse or DirecTV Now platforms. Rather, Nexstar’s offer for a 30 day extension would have allowed consumers in the affected markets to continue viewing their favorite network shows, special events, sports, local news and other programming while the parties continue negotiations.”

It also said that AT&T claimed that Nexstar had been involved in blackouts with Cox Cable, DISH Network, Charter Spectrum “and others.” “In fact, Nexstar has never had DISH Network or Charter Spectrum remove its stations from their consumer video offerings,” Nexstar said.

Do you work for NexStar?

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

5 years ago

You talk about 'speculation' on the NFL season being the reason for the
prolonged negotiations when it has been made public that NextStar offered
ATT the same deal they made with the other service providers. Still waiting
for one comment that even hints at some responsibility ATT has in this
corporate tug of war. I hope people that you are responding to realize you
are not acting in their best interest.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

ATT and nexstar have made a deal with CBS! where are my channels! 

I have refreshed and reset my receivers and they have been hooked to the internet it aint that . I want my channels i pay for . period.

Something dont change soon i will ditch you people for another provider . 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

5 years ago

AFAIK AT&T and Nexstar have not settled yet but CBS did settled and returned their owned affiliates last week.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Im guessing that ATT is just a bunch of liars. IF i knew this was what I was getting into when i signed up I would of went to DISH Network ! They resolve this stuff quick and it doesnt carry on for months and months. I am about to cancel my contract due to ATT breaching contract with me the customer. 

I pay for X channels. I am not getting them. As far as I am concerned that is a failure to live up to terms of the agreement  on ATT's end.

they have a week. Then im packing this crap up and sending it back . I can get CBS free with an antennae .

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.