Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I don't think the average consumer realizes that if Nexstar is trying to pull a monopoly on the stations and ups their price beyond what is a reasonable increase, the only party that loses is the customers! This is more than losing a channel. Those increased costs will be handed down to the consumer and we are already paying way to much as is. Let AT&T/DirectTV hold out.  If enough of Nexstar's clients hold their position (Comcast for example) it would resolve Nexstar using bully tactics and pointing fingers the other directions. Extensions are meaningless.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Channel 7 WS PA and channel 62WYCW both owned by Nexstar were dropped Buy DIRECTV and AT&T U-verse. Will subscribers like myself that have the total U450 package be given some sort of credit for the loss of these two channels?

I feel the way these two channels were pulled without any notification was yet another cheap move by AT&T. I pay a lot of money for my services almost $300 a month and the service keeps getting worse and worse with each passing year.  I’ve had the same equipment without any sort of update for years when other friends of mine that have the same product have the newer channel boxes and remotes. Unless you make a phone call which can take hours, or write multiple emails hoping at least one of them will be answered customer service in my opinion is nonexistent.

I would appreciate a timely answer to my question. CBS is one of my lifelong favorite channels mainly because of their outstanding news programs. I want it back ASAP. Thank you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Why is there an issue with Nexstar and direct tv? We haven't had this station in close to 2 weeks now. Ridiculous. One of our most watched stations. Get it fixed. 

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

To dtrucks1,  *****. Your political views posted here are unwelcome and uncalled for. Boycott all you want, we could care less! *****.

1st, I doubt you are influential enough to force Nexstar "prove" anything to you!

Any in case, you don't understand Nexstar charges $$$ to the re-broadcasters (Comcast, WOW, AT&T ect.) for the local / regional CBS broadcast rights in many markets.

Nexstar's deal with AT&T was to soon expire and Nexstar wanted a rate increase. The magnitude of rate increase was so large that it forced AT&T to say "no way Jose". Nexstar may have already sold the higher increased rates to Comcast and others. Then again Comcast will raise your Broadcast Fee even during your contract period...i.e. "passing along a rate increase".

I admire AT&T for standing up to these leaches! Nexstar want to drain more blood out of the general public (via the re-broadcasters). In other words, if the re-broadcast fee does not increase, the the pass through fee (to you and me) does not increase either.

Nexstar is the overall bag guy in this situation. I don't like not having ABC on my Uverse but at least I understand the issue.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am in no way associated with AT&T except as a Uverse customer! The comments and opinions above are my own. I have not been encouraged or compensated for my views.   

[Please keep it courteous]

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

5 years ago

The station was removed by Nexstar about 1am ET on July 4th. Nexstar is a company out of Texas that wants to be paid more for something you can watch for free. They'd want over $1 more per month.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Channel 8 (HD) which is a local Indianapolis IN channel for us was removed from the Nexstar lineup.  But, we are paying for this channel through AT&T per the u verse agreement.  How can we get a credit for the days that we do not have access to this channel.  This was one of our News Channels that we watched locally.  

Please advise regarding getting a credit since the agreement for this channel was through AT&T which we are paying.

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

5 years ago

I know they have pulled the Nfl network and the red zone channels, but I still have 1629 showing nfl redzone, but sorry that channel is not available. Is there some ray of hope we might get the redzone back but not nfl network? As why did they not completely remove 1629 like 1630?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

How close are you to honoring your ethical agreement for which I pay you every month? I would LOVE to know how much you benefit from either lack of adequate competition, just plain inertia, full dvrs or people who are too busy to change options..

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

AT&T Cares? Really?!  I seriously doubt, at this point, a single subscriber believes that AT&T cares. AT&T doesn't give a rats behind about the customer demands or an agreement could have been reached and we would never have lost our channels in the first place. Negotiations are done behind closed doors and it's all a numbers game. Numbers we know nothing about. Numbers of customers, number of dollars, numbers of....whatever. 

Y'all post that AT&T  is "working" to get our channels back, but there's no evidence to that effect. The "promise" link y'all keep posting hasn't changed, still states the same nothing it has since this began. That pat little answer that y'all "understand (our) frustration" says nothing. I'm 100% positive there's not a single executive of either company missing their favorite shows.

Facts here seem to be as follows:

1. One sudden hard pull (AT&T)  sudden hard pulls the other  (Nexstar). 

2. Other sudden hard pull, sudden hard pulls back.

3. Both give us (subscribers) a double-sudden hard pull..

4. Our channels disappear. 

5. Now we look like sudden hard pulls for paying our bills even when not getting what we want & pay for!

(Hopefully, y'all know what a sudden hard pull is since the single word is identified as a "bad" word and is flagged for removal before the reply can be posted. Nothing like good ol' sensorship!)

To other subscribers: This is so ridiculous. Y'all yelling about price increases, refunds, etc. Bills are going up either way. How will you feel if we never get our channels back and rates still increase? It'll happen and you know it. AT&T knows it, plans it, in fact. Nexstar knows it. Personally, if I'm going to get a rate increase anyway, I'd like it to cover at least the local, major networks. Doesn't seem too much to ask, but apparently it is. I don't like paying for certain channels to which I have moral & religious objections, but I do. Because they're in the "package". I pay toward the broadcast of those channels and choose not to watch. So...I'm perfectly willing to pay for the channels I DO watch. But here I sit, feeling like a sudden hard pull for thinking my opinion matters to anyone but me. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, I fault both companies for the signal stoppage.  We are the leverage used by both to obtain more money whether it is our monthly subscription fee paid or Nexstar getting more money from At&T.

Remember, we have alternative sources of entertainment - there are lots of streaming services that would love to have us - and paying their subscription fees.  We just have to do it - if we really want AT&T to feel the effects of their failure to negotiate far enough in advance to avoid the service interruption.

Best to all with their circumstance.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.