For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
L

• 

12 Messages

Saturday, October 7th, 2023 4:45 PM

Closed

How to get U-verse back to my "ON" default service

I've had U-verse for years and it was always my default service when I first turn on my TV. A month or so ago I had a message from U-verse about an update. Ever since then I have not been able to get the TV back to the former when first turned on. It turns on to the white circle with the home in the center of it and I have to scroll through apps to get to AT&T U-verse. I want U-verse to be the primary service when I turn on my TV each day. How do I reset this? I don't want to scroll through apps every time I turn on the TV to get to the U-verse one.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

7 months ago

This is a Samsung TV issue, not a Uverse TV issue.

You are wanting the TV to default to the Uverse app.  Since newer TVs don’t come with an owners manual, you’re going to have to Google “Samsung tv set default app”.

I found this SAMSUNG MESSAGE BOARD with others having the same issue.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

7 months ago

Are you saying you use the UverseTV app instead of a STB?

You’ll need to reference the streaming device/TV for guidance.

• 

12 Messages

7 months ago

I have AT&T cable. In order to get to U-verse I have to hit the home key on my Samsung remote and scroll over to the U-verse icon which is in the same row as the apps. I have searched through and tried every single thing on my U-verse remote and there is nothing there that helps. I am going to call AT&T to see if they can help. I was just hoping someone here knew before I spend hours of my life trying to deal with them.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

7 months ago

So you ARE NOT using a Uverse RECEIVER?  What brand of TV?  Is the TV a FireTV?  The UVERSETV app works on the following devices:

• iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® (iOS 12.1 and above)
  • Android® smartphones and tablets (OS 7.0 and above)
  • Amazon Fire TV devices

This is a Uverse receiver:

Are you a DirecTV Stream (previously called AT&T Stream) customer by chance?  Uverse TV is accessed via Set Top Boxes.  DIRECTV STREAM is a streaming service.  Two different services.

(edited)

• 

12 Messages

7 months ago

I've been with AT&T for 7 or 8 years and never had a major problem. I have 3 TVs with a receiver on each one. Two of them are fine. My main one that I watch the most is a Samsung - 55" Class Q70T Series QLED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV purchased in March 2021. There was not a problem until a month or so ago when I received an update message from AT&T (or U-verse - I forget which). It came up on the screen when I turned the TV on in the morning, I read it and then deleted it. Whenever I turned the TV on it came on to the channel it was on when it was turned off. Ever since I got the message, when I turn the TV on, it starts up on the home screen button (#1 in the picture). Then I have to scroll over to the U-verse icon (#2 in the picture) in order to watch the U-verse programming for my area. I have tried to set it back to start on the U-verse programming like it used to but it's not working. This is what I have to do every time I turn it on.

• 

12 Messages

7 months ago

Sorry JennieW at ATTHelp. Tried that numerous times. Doesn't work. Turns off U-verse but not the TV.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

7 months ago

Wrong answer Ash….

• 

12 Messages

7 months ago

Model for this TV is Motorola 2262v1

The other two are Cisco and I think the model is #ISB7005 but it doesn't really say. They were all installed at the same time.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 months ago

@LoReeGee 

Please refer to @skeeterintexas  reply and the Samsung help forum.

• 

12 Messages

7 months ago

Thanks skeeterintexas. I suspected it was with Samsung but the fact that the problem began when the update message came from AT&T U-verse made think there was something in their update that caused the problem with the TV. It was working perfectly up until the update. My other two TVs are also Samsung 6 and 12 yrs. old.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.