For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
MrSchmidt's profile

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

Sunday, January 12th, 2014 10:08 PM

How do I get rid of SD channels completely?

I don't ever want to view any SD channels ever again. I've had an HD TV for over ten years now...it's time to move on, but I can't. Uverse keeps getting in my way. Here's how:

1. I remove all SD channels from the guide but UVerse keeps adding more channels, including ones that I can't hide. This is a battle I'm losing. No matter what I do, I keep seeing SD channels in my guide. To make matters worse, they are at the top of the guide. 

2. The mobile app doesn't remember the HD setting so it inevitably shows me SD shows. When I'm on top of my game, I remember to hit the Filter button and tap "HD Channels Only" so I'm good. 25% of the time (100% during NFL playoffs), I'm dumb and forget to do that so I record SD channels. 

AT&T, PLEASE give me the option to disable SD everywhere. I don't want it anymore.

Failing that, could you at least have the app remember the setting so I don't have to select it every time?

Am I the only one?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

9 years ago

@my2545 wrote:

Yes, but it requires manually checking each channel you want to hide.  With Dish, there was a menu setting to automatically hide all SD channels that had HD equivalents

Sorry but this is not currently an option with Uverse.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

And why are they charging extra for HD? I am a TV producer: EVERYTHING is produced in HD. Everything. HD is coming into you box - they have to degrade it to make it SD. It's like when they used to charge extra for TouchTone service when it actually cost them more to operate rotary.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@bajaskier wrote:

And why are they charging extra for HD? I am a TV producer: EVERYTHING is produced in HD. Everything. HD is coming into you box - they have to degrade it to make it SD. It's like when they used to charge extra for TouchTone service when it actually cost them more to operate rotary.

Yeah and all you had to do to get free touch tone in those days was to reverse the 2 wires and there it was, later you could just get it w/o doing that.

I can bet some cheapskate is still doing SD.  Many old programs are still SD, some are being shown in high def from their original film prints.

Many users refuse (or can't afford) to go to HD and still are on SD (some even on HD TVs). Smiley LOL

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.