For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
lmosier's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 10th, 2013 10:37 PM

How do I convert a tv with Charter cable to U-verse? I am a U-verse customer.

How do I convert a tv with Charter cable to U-verse? I am a U-verse customer.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Your not going to be able to use U-verse unless you have a box since U-verse is an IP based service and each TV requires a box.  It seems like the easiest way to do this would be to request a wireless set top box and connect that to the TV.  If you have a coax connection left over from Charter, the chances are it's not going to be ready for you to connect a hardwired box so you would probably need an AT&T tech to come hook it up.

Here is some information on the wireless receiver: AT&T U-verse Wireless Receiver - Watch TV Anywhere in Your Home

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Your going to need either another set top box or a wireless box for that TV unless you want to move an existing box you have to that TV.  If you want to move a box do you have any wireless boxes?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

This tv is in my kitchen and does not use a set top box. I do not have a place for a box unless I get a wireless one and place it in the pantry behind the tv. I do not have any wireless Uverse boxes. I have 4 other dedicated boxes in my house.

Thank you for your help!

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello lmosier if you decide to take the advice beebeesa gave you, I can help you get the wireless STB ordered. I have sent you a private message to discuss those options. Smiley Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.