For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
schamil's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, November 7th, 2015 4:04 PM

Holiday Music on UVerse

WHY IS THE HOLIDAY MUSIC SELECTION ON UVERSE TO

BLOODY AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GUYS ARE BETTER THAN THIS AND YOU'RE BLACK ONLY SOUL MUSIC CHRISTMAS SELECTION IS REALLY SAD.

PLAY THE CLASSICS...I GOT NOTHING AGIANST SOUL MUSIC, BUT THAT IS NOT

WHAT ANYONE WANTS TO HEAR.  

STINGRAY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

8 years ago

If you are speaking of a Stingray music channel, it would likely be best to relay your displeasure directly to them.  AT&T may note your displeasure with the Stingray programming and keep that in consideration when their carriage contract comes up (likely in just over 2 years), but that's the best you should expect from this post.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

8 years ago

While there are some traditional soul singers featured, it's not ALL of the music they play.

Right now they're playing "Happy Christmas (War is over)" a song John Lennon penned in 1969.  Unfortunately, it is being sung by some unknown (Christina Perri).

I have a feeling that Stingray can only play music that they have acquired the rights to which makes the choices limited.

ETA:  EEEEKKKKK!!!!  Harry Connick, Jr. <-- My favorite!!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

8 years ago

Christina Perri is not an unknown... if you're under 30. Smiley Wink Or have had children in the house in the past 5-6 years.

She had a song on the soundtrack for a Twilight movie.  I actually rather like her.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

8 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

Christina Perri is not an unknown... if you're under 30. Smiley Wink Or have had children in the house in the past 5-6 years.

She had a song on the soundtrack for a Twilight movie.  I actually rather like her.

No and no....LOL!  Smiley Indifferent

I know Linda Perry but not Christina Perri.  Smiley Tongue

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

8 years ago

I'm familiar with Kimberly, Reid, and Neil Perry, but not Linda Perry.  Google/Wikipedia/Youtube-d her music, and I recognize some of the songs (released by other artists) that she wrote, co-wrote, or produced.  Her own preformances are a mixed bag for me.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

Try using Pandora instead.  You have more control over the music you want to hear.  Choice the artists you like and you will get the music you are looking for.  Do not do it buy song because a lot of classic Christmas songs have some horrible renditions.  Also if you are an amazon prime member they offer very good Christmas music by artists like the carpenters, Elvis Pressly, If you like you can even get standards by Bing Crosby, Ray Coniff and my favorite Jingle Bell Rock by Bobby Helms.  These are just a few of the choices you have for Christmas music.

Hope you find what you are looking for.  I hope I did not break any rules by listing songs ard artist.

Try this and I hopi you and your family have a nice holiday.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

8 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

I'm familiar with Kimberly, Reid, and Neil Perry, but not Linda Perry.  Google/Wikipedia/Youtube-d her music, and I recognize some of the songs (released by other artists) that she wrote, co-wrote, or produced.  Her own preformances are a mixed bag for me.

Yeah, Linda Perry is more my speed.  She's been around since the late 80s. 

Interesting side note: She's married to Sara Gilbert, Darlene from Roseann.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

8 years ago

@schamil wrote:

YOU GUYS ARE BETTER THAN THIS AND YOU'RE BLACK ONLY SOUL MUSIC CHRISTMAS SELECTION IS REALLY SAD.

There's that Holiday Spirit!

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

@schamil wrote:

Howdy @schamil.  No need for ALL CAPS, Stingray is awful, everyone knows that, but did you know that you could save 15% by switching car insurance? 😉  Seriously AT&T management is aware of the discontent over Stinkray (as I call it) but who knows if they will ever get rid of it. 

Try channel 532 or 1532 and follow the instructions for the iHeart radio app.  It will make you forget about Stingray.  Do a search on the app for Christmas.  They carry a syndicated channel which I think is called "The Christmas Station," which has been around for like 15 years.  Almost all classics.  I listened just now on my phone and they played Frank Sinatra's "Let it Snow" followed bt Roclin' Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee.  They do have covers but most artists are well known by all and I have found some new favorites!  Been listening to this for YEARS, even in the Summer, lol.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@schamil wrote:

Howdy @schamil.  

Try channel 532 or 1532 and follow the instructions for the iHeart radio app.  It will make you forget about Stingray.  Do a search on the app for Christmas.  They carry a syndicated channel which I think is called "The Christmas Station," which has been around for like 15 years.  Almost all classics.  I listened just now on my phone and they played Frank Sinatra's "Let it Snow" followed bt Roclin' Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee.  They do have covers but most artists are well known by all and I have found some new favorites!  Been listening to this for YEARS, even in the Summer, lol.

iHeart does not have The Christmas Station or whatever it's called, but they have something as good, if not better, @schamil.  Set up the app, search for Christmas and select the one that is called "iHeart Christmas Classics."  

6137.png

This is an HD2, from an Albany NY FM station, so it may not have the Christmas format after the holiday season.  Enjoy!

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.