Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit uverse.com for all your U-Verse TV support needs.
jasonwg1214's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, August 10th, 2019 8:32 PM

att 30 remote.

I have att 30 remote. when I press the power button, it turns off the cable box but not the tv. What gives ? All how can I get to the app page showing where I can watch Youtube & Netflix. I dont see those choices any more w/ this new remote that replaced the 10.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

I had no trouble getting to netflix or youtube sling or roku or many others listed when I pressed the TV button on the 10.

You had to be doing more than that.  Pressing the att, tv, dvd, aux buttons on the S10 only tells the remote which device the remote will send the IR codes for that device to. based on what was programmed for that device.  To switch inputs to the tv you also needed to press the tv/video button to bring up the tv's input select menu.  And then navigate the tv's input select menu to choose the tv's input.  On my (Sony) tv navigating the input select menu worked with the arrow keys or repeated pushes of the tv/video key.  There is no way to dismiss the input select menu either.  It only works on my tv because my tv dismisses the input select menu when not being navigated for a few seconds.   If input select worked off the S10 for you then, like me, you were lucky that worked because not all tv's are compatible with the input select (e.g., require a way to dismiss the input select), and if they do bring up the select menu, are unable to navigate it.

The S30 also has a similar function (which again may or may not work for your tv even when properly programmed).  It's the "tv input" button in the lower left of the S30 (so you lose the ability to switch to dvd and aux).  That should (may) bring up your tv's input select menu.  If it does then navigating the menu still may not work on the tv the way the S10 did (for me only repeated pushes of the tv input button works to move down the menu).  And there may still be the problem of dismissing the menu (but if tv auto dismisses that's no problem).

Frankly I never use the input select menu with the att remote (even the S10 remote).   It's a lot easier to just keep the tv's remote nearby and just use the input select on it's remote so I agree with the recommendation.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

I have att 30 remote. when I press the power button, it turns off the cable box but not the tv.

Did it ever work before?  If not did you ever program the remote for your tv model?

Is your your tv's remote able to turn the tv on and off?

Standard question for remotes: did you try new batteries?

All how can I get to the app page showing where I can watch Youtube & Netflix. I dont see those choices any more w/ this new remote that replaced the 10.

For that you need to use your tv's remote.  Read your tv's user manual on how to set up an internet connection, how to use the apps's supported by the tv, and how to switch input selection to access those apps and internet connection (might be able to switch inputs with the att remote too.  I am assuming you have a "smart" tv of course.  Note, aside from possibly the input selection, your S10 couldn't have done any of this stuff either.

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

5 years ago

This post will lead you through troubleshooting and programming your remote.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have sony 2018 65 in smart tv....I had no trouble getting to netflix or youtube sling or roku or many others listed when I pressed the TV button on the 10. but w/ the 30 programmed to the Sony...Not possible to get to netflix, etc w/ this 30 remote....as I have been told by 3 ppl. at ATT tech support. They said to get to the APPS, e.g netflix, youtube, I am going to have to use the Sony remote that came w/ TV.....I just dont want to have a bunch of remote laying around on the tables....and having to toss remote to ppl who want to watch something different. I can still use the 10 remote to do what I am trying to do with the 30....BUT one of the buttons on the 10 does not work, so I was sent this 30 as a replacement. Which does NOT have the button choices of TV, AUX, DVD. Tech support said they would pass this info along how disappointed I am w/ the 30 and the 10 has been discontinued and told me to just toss the 10 as they have no use for it........

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.