For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
T

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 14th, 2020 4:26 AM

Closed

HBO Max Cannot Verify My AT&T Subscription

I have an AT&T plan that includes HBO Max, but every time I try to log into HBO Max using my AT&T account log-in, I receive the following message:

CAN'T VERIFY YOUR SUBSCRIPTION

Make sure you're using the ID and password for the AT&T service associated with HBO Max.  Confirm that you activated your HBO Max account with AT&T at https://www.att.com/myatt

SERVICE CODE:  H-18c6fed0-7a2c-4458-9ece-4b7002443c68

I have verified my account, and every AT&T rep I speak to cannot figure out why I cannot access HBO Max.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

2 years ago

@Tfurrow You can do whatever you think is necessary but I would carefully re-read (if you even read it initially) the TOS. If you just walk away from AT&T owing them money, you may create a bigger problem for yourself than what you have now. AT&T definitely needs to figure out why these HBO Max accounts are "messed up" and correct it NOW. No argument there, but carefully think through what your options are.

Do file a complaint with the BBB.

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

You do what you want and I’ll do the same. They will not treat me this way!

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I was able to login to HBOMax and it recognized my HBOMax on my laptop but only thru the HBOMax website. I was actually trying to verify the account thru xFinity, but it’s I’m not finding a way to do that online thru my laptop. I was able to do it thru the X1 box in the living room, but it’s not an option online that I can find. It immediately asks me if I want to purchase HBOMax and only offers that as an option, nothing about logging on HBOMax like it did with the X1 box. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

2 years ago

@Tfurrow I have no problems with HBO Max, but then again I don't need to go thru AT&T. We have given you advice and suggestions of what can be done. If you don't want to at least consider our advice and suggestions then that's all we can do so there is no reason to keep this thread going. 

This is a customer populated forum only so AT&T does not monitor the discussions here. There will be an AT&T Help employee from time to time responding but they are usually limited in what they can do.

• 

107 Messages

2 years ago

Day 12 of "3-5 days to resolve" and still no resolution. Other than AT&T admitting this is a "known issue" a couple times in these forums (off of some script not doubt) there is no practical information. 

I'm asking that EVERYONE here on this forum with this issue call AT&T wireless 800-866-1514 and DEMAND A BILL CREDIT. HBOMax is a $14.99 value.  That is what I'm going to insist on.  Then I'm going to see if I can reactivate HBOMax by getting AT&T to reconfigure their system as if I'm a newly eligible customer ... perhaps with an Internet SPEED UPGRADE. 

In the past I have gotten better attention by saying CANCEL SERVICE at the "Mr. AT&T" voice bot prompt when he asks how to direct the call.  This generally gets you connected to someone who can get something done in terms of credits or upgrade. 

If everyone does this rather than sitting around waiting AT&T WOULD REALLY START PAYING ATTENTION.  $ talks.  Post your results back here. 

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for the info. Will be worth a try if I don’t get the issue corrected soon.

• 

107 Messages

2 years ago

At Day 15 I said enough.  Called AT&T and got my $15 credit.  There really wasnt any push back so I guess theyre willing to cut loose with the $ if customers ask.  I opened a new monthly subscription directly thru HBO and hopefully AT&T can work this out by end of January.  If not then I'm asking for another credit.

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

My access miraculously appeared yesterday after I filed a BBB complaint😂😂😂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.