For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
cpbourgeois's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, March 3rd, 2012 6:53 PM

Uverse remote and APEX parental lock (red key)

Uverse remote and parental lock (red key)

03-03-201212:44:55 PM

I am hoping for a solution!  I have spent days on the phone with customer support and they cannot seem to help me.  They have even swapped out the receiver and the problem remains......  I have a tv with a blue screen and a red key in the lower left hand corner.  The only thing the remote will do is turn the set on and off.  Even the controls on the tv itself will not work.  After look around, it appears that the parental lock got turned on (perhaps by a 10 year old)  and I cannot find the answer to turn it off.  It seems that there is something on the remote that I can manipulate to correct this, but I don't know what that would be.  Any help is appreciated

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Just did this - was about to throw it in the trash and decided to look this up - this worked perfectly.

Thank you!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The instruction to hold both the function (F) and the mute key down on the Apex TV Remote at the same time proved an instantaneous correction to the blank screen with a red key in the lower left hand corner of screen.  The key had mysteriously appeared on the screen and I had experienced the same frustration as cpbourgeous before finding this simple solution.  Thank you. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.