Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
chund8's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, October 12th, 2017 1:25 PM

"Resolution not supported" on new VIZIO smart TV that has worked with this box for a year..??

I have a UVERSE DVR box CISCO ISB7005 and have had this functioning properly for a while in my house on this same TV (2014 VIZIO smart TV). Went to bed last night working fine in HD and this morning turned on the TV and box and the TV says "resolution not supported".

I reset the box and that did not help. I'm not sure if my smart tv or my receiver had some type of incompatible automatic update last night as I slept?

However my other box, wireless PACE IPH8005 receiver still works fine on my ancient (2009 sony Bravia) tv??

Any insight would be helpful, I would VERY MUCH prefer to not watch SD on my HD TV, but SD would be a step up from a blank screen 🙂

Thank You!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for your reply! 

Just for details sake, does anyone have a clue why it worked with the same receiver on the same tv 8 hours before and months prior continually only to all the sudden stop supporting the resolution randomly without me touching any of the wiring or cords?

Auto update? Firmware? Just wondering, because now it sounds like im gonna have to unhook the box and move it to the other tv to change the settings or rewire somehow so that I can see it to change the box settings.

Or can I do that from the app??

Thanks again!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

7 years ago

No need to move the box in question.

To change or confirm the resolution on the UVerse box, press the "Menu" button, go to Options>System>TV Screen Resolution and choose either 720p or 1080i.

I'd check the resolution on the TV itself too.  Check your owners manual for instructions for that.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

So I went home at lunch to do what you said and when I turned on the TV and box it worked again?? I'm happy its working but I don't know what got into my system?

Thanks so much for your quick help though!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

7 years ago

Do not question these things, grasshopper.  Just be happy that it resolved itself.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.