For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Ashley23's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, June 10th, 2016 6:26 PM

My older dynex t.v. says no signal

My dynex t.v. all of a sudden stopped working yesterday and it just.says no signal.my cable box works fine and I don't know what to do.any suggestions.there was no water damage and I don't have a warranty.is there anything I can do to fix it at home?any ideas will help

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@Ashley23 - The first thing to check is to veriffy the input is selected correctly on the menu.

Sounds like it is an SD TV. NO HDMI or composite.

Your posibilities are -

COAX on channel 3 (or 4)

Composite (yellow for video & red/white for audio)

S-video ( & red/white for audio)

You can stepthrough the input menu on the TV to find the right one  after making sure one is connected.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

No my dynex is old but it is still a flat screen.I have a coax cable and.a HDMI port.this might sound stupid but could you explain it to me in lames turns.and step by step.thanks for your help

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@Ashley23 - You are going to want to use the HDMI cable to get widescreen/fullscreen.

HDMI has an added complication that it needs to get a signal from the TV to say it is NOT a copy device. So, the best way to find the input is with the STB OFF.

Press the power button on the STB so that the green light is off. The STB will display the press ok screen.

Use your TV remote to find what the input is set to. Does it have an HDMI button or an input button or look in the main menu.

If you want me to be more specific you need post your TV model number so I can look up the manual.

When you get press OK on the screen - Do it with the u-verse remote.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hopefully you can help.  I connected my Dynex Model DX-LDVD22-10A to the AT&T Universe Receiver and get a message of "No Signal".  I checked with AT&T and all is good on their end.  It is something with the TV.  My input is set to HDMI.  The AT&T Remote is programmed.  I am able to turn the TV on/off and adjust the sound with it.  I would very much appreciate any suggestions.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@lauraj - So, you know you are on the right input. It has to be the HDMI. HDMI is a two way intrerface. The TV sends a "no copy" (HDCP) signal back to the u-verse STB. If the STB does not see that signal it turns off the video.

Path of least resistance is to switch to component cables - The analog equivalent of HDMI. Just as good a picture, maybe even better.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

IMG_2177.JPGThen I get this.IMG_2174.JPGThis takes a while.

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry. Didn't keep text with pictures.

I have fixed this problem before, but only by accident. I can't recall how I got the TV to work again.

I've seen these screens six times already. And tried the advice above/previous. I know it is actually something super simple.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.