For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
M

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, July 11th, 2023 5:07 PM

Closed

Lost the ATT app on my Samsung TV

Just gone, not in the "APPS" setting. Have restarted everything multiple times including and overnight unplug, all to no avail.

This has happened twice before but I was able to coax it back home, not now. I can access ATT channelsby using the ATT remote but this is cumbersome[ I'd rather use the Samsung remote which doesmore...

Predictably, ATT support acts like they have never heard of this. Samsung is simply impossible to talk to.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

10 months ago

I have no idea what you mean by an AT&T app on your Samsung TV.

Is this perhaps a failing of your Samsung TV remote to control something other than the Samsung TV?
Are you perhaps thinking of the DIRECTV STREAM app?

• 

9 Messages

10 months ago

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry for the confusion, I'm calling it what one of the AT&T people called it. I thought it was a "button".

Anyway, when I have it it rests to the left of the square that says "NETFLIX"

It is controlled by the Samsung remote and also allows Alexa control which is certainly faster, particuarly when switching between "APP's". The AT&T remote will not control other APP's 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

10 months ago

I have to ask again, are you sure you're not talking about the DIRECTV STREAM app?  DIRECTV STREAM was called AT&T TV for a while.

• 

9 Messages

10 months ago

At this point I'm not sure about anything but I don't think so because; 

1) The "APP" or "Button" was white with  blue "ATT" in it, not the dark blue /black Direct TV APP that presently is to the right of Netflix in the above picture

2) In desperation ,I did install the Direct TV APP a few days ago but am unable to sign in using my ATT credentials which work for account access just fine.

3) When I try to use the Direct TV "Find my username" or it's "Reset your Password" features I am not recognized.

As an added bonus, I tried the "24 Phone Support "last night about 2 AM and it was closed. I looked in vain for some time for the "Ask An Expert" button to the right of Chatbot box (where it keeps telling me it is) and there is nothing there.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

10 months ago

Did your Samsung come with the "ATT" app pre-installed? Have you looked around the Samsung Apps Store to see if it is downloadable to your tv? Did your tv recently receive an update?

I just went thru the downloadable apps for my Samsung (QN90A) and I didn't see anything but DirecTV Stream. Knowing Samsung, they removed it because they don't support it anymore.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

10 months ago

Maybe let's approach it this way: What did that AT&T App do for you?

• 

9 Messages

10 months ago

OttoPylot

Did your Samsung come with the "ATT" app pre-installed? Have you looked around the Samsung Apps Store to see if it is downloadable to your tv? Did your tv recently receive an update?

No I had to install it from their library. It did accept my credentials however.

I just went thru the downloadable apps for my Samsung (QN90A) and I didn't see anything but DirecTV Stream. Knowing Samsung, they removed it because they don't support it anymore.

That is all I can find as well. I think I will now contact them also.

JefferMC

Maybe let's approach it this way: What did that AT&T App do for you?

When selected it would allow me to see, and control, Uverse with the added feature of voice control via Alexa. Also, I could flickin and out of ATT and go to other "APPs)without anyproblems and dosorapidly.NowI have to juggle 2 remotes andsome features appear lost in the translation.

UPDATE ONE;

tried the TV in the bedroom and the volume is all wonky. BUT,only when using Uverse, when using  FireTVthe volumr behaves normally. We don't use it much and while I was fiddling with it my wife realized that it was not a "Smart  TV"and now insists that I bring a TV we seldom watch up to date.

UPDATE TWO;

Talked with "Joey" at ATT. After not really understanding what I was talking about he suddenly remembered that there was an ATT outage in my cityand gave me the address that I could check my house but said he felt I was exibiting all the right problems Iwent there,  it said everything was Hunky Dunky.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

10 months ago

@Molarface  CS probably didn’t have a clue and just used the outage as an excuse to move on to the next customer.

Samsung support is almost as bad as AT&T’s. Hopefully they’ll tell you that support for the “ATT app” was dropped and that will be your answer, or they’ll say it’s AT&T’s problem and point you back to them.

• 

9 Messages

9 months ago

SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's what happened.

Wsated time with Samsung, guys are government level  "obfuscators".  Still not sure what they told me.

Tried ATT again.

Finally, today, I got someone who  identified as a senior level tech. He definitely understood what I was saying. Everything he tried didn't work, but he never gave up. Eventually I just pulled and reinserted my HDMI cable at the TV. Somehow, I got channels and the Guide, he then took me to channel 9910 (a summary page of your plans) he couldn't get anything there and sent me to channel 9930 but I was in the habit of going to my home page to check after anything I did. And all of a sudden,the was my white/blue little button! And everything worked. So, no idea what we did, but something caused it to work.

Sadly, the volume issue on the other TV didn't improve so I'm getting a new TV to solve that issue.

Thanks to all of you who helped.

• 

6 Messages

14 days ago

OMG!  I unplugged my Samsung TV due to construction and when I plugged it back the white/blue little button was gone! Thanks for your persistence and due diligence.  I am going to go home and give it a try.

Thank you ☺

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.