Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Sacto23's profile

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

Saturday, December 14th, 2013 8:12 PM

Fee to upgrade DVR to VIP 2250?

I've been a Uverse customer for over 3 years and still have my original DVR, a Motorola VIP 1225. I am interested in upgrading to a model with a larger hard drive so I called to inquire if this would be possible. I was told that there would be a one time charge of $105 in order to upgrade to a model with a larger hard drive. I declined since that seems excessive to me. Having to pay to upgrade from 3+ year old technology seems a bit odd to me when I assume new customers get the new models when they sign up. Shouldn't long time loyal customers be the ones getting perks like this? Has anyone else successfully upgraded to a DVR with a larger capacity? Did you have to pay in order to do so? I subscribe to the U300 level of TV service and the Max Plus level of internet if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for the suggestion. I am going to call AGAIN tomorrow.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I just got off the phone with tech support. I have a vip1225 that continually has to be reset because of HDMI connection errors or I get a gray snowey screen and have to go and hard reset the stupid thing. It has been replaced for the same issues already. The refuse to replace with the vip2250 without charging me. They already increased the monthly charge for these from 7 to 8 bucks a month. I have had Uverse service for around 5 years now and this is just ridiculous how they treat current customers. My neighbor just got uverse 300 and he got the 2250 dvr. Why do I have pay an upgrade fee? Well my commitment to ATT expires on the 29th of this month. I probably will no longer be an att customer

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

9 years ago

My hard drive just failed on the 1225. Wiped out all my recordings. The new DVR shipped to me was a 2250.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @Zaylyn

We apologize for the inconvenience but, when the DVR receiver gets swapped out with another unit, the existing recordings aren't carried over because they stay on the hard drive. How is your new VIP2250 model working well for you?

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

9 years ago

The new VIP 2250 receiver is working well. However the VIP T-XXXX box on the second TV now is NOT working well. When I access recordings on the second TV, it cuts out every 5-10 minutes, saying it has lost the network connection. I have to hit resume play, and sometimes it even starts from the beginning of the recording. Note that my second TV box is connected via coax; it is not wireless.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

COAX can be problematic with whole house DVR. It is in good condition? No sharp bends or rodent gnawings. No barrel connectors i.e it is one piece.

Do have very tight connections with barrel connectors. Is it more than one TV? A problem anywhere on the COAX can cause problems.

You can try a whole house reboot to get all boxes in synch.

Pull opower on all boxes.

REstore RG - wait for all gree.

REstore DVR - wait for viewing.

REstore other STBs.

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

9 years ago

Coax connections are working great for live TV on the second TV. The box on the second TV accessed the recordings on the Living Room DVR without a problem until we replaced the living room DVR box with the VIP2250. The replacement was made because the previous living room DVR had a dead hard drive.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

9 years ago

Are those boxes 1200 series? Beyond time to replace those with newer ones.

Because they are non-DVR, you should be able to replace for similar boxes for no additional fee. I agree that the DVR upgrade fee is painful and unnecessary, especially with the older models. I threw a bit of a polite hissy fit that customers shouldn't be forced to pay when AT&T's updates essentially "break" equipment, but maybe that was after your troubles.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am dealing with the same issues. We have been customers since 2007 and they wont upgrade anything beside the modem and remotes. Its the main DVR and set top boxes that fail and freezeso badly. I would hope that our loyalty and max account would count for something. We pa for the highest speed and max channel options. but I cant get the same units that my mother-in-law just got for free 2 months ago. Sad. Makes other providers more attractive.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.