For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
RubyA1955's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, July 16th, 2014 4:55 PM

DVR WENT OUT AND NOW NO RECORD OF ORDER FOR NEW ONE?

My DVR receiver went out Sunday. I called UVerse and talked to a tech. He ran several tests & determined I needed a new DVR box. He said one would be sent out via UPS and I was to return the broken one.I would get it by Tuesday. Today is Wednesday. Still no DVR box. I contacted online chat and was told that the order was entered incorrectly, so the order was cancelled. Not one person bothered to call. If I hadn't contacted chat, I would have never known this. For all my trouble, I'm getting a whopping $10.00 off my bill! Wow. Three days without a DVR and unable to record anything and this is what I get. I don't understand the lack of customer service.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Chat usually doesn't give you as good of results as sending a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care.  One could always call 1-800-288-2020 and say "Cancel my service."  This connects you with retentions who will bend over backwards for you.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I called the direct line Sunday and Monday. Both techs (?)  told me the same thing. After asking for a supervisor, I was told I'd get $10 whole dollars for my inconvenience. If they aren't here tomorrow, that's it. I had better not get charged a service call either.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @RubyA1955 

Just checking up on your post. I'm sorry to hear that your DVR stopped working but, I'll be glad to help if you need additional assistance. Was the technician able to help you get the DVR back up?

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I fixed it myself. After speaking with 3 techs, all running "tests", they came to the conclusion I needed a new one. It was supposed to have arrived this past Tuesday. NO DVR. Wednesday, I spoke with yet another tech, and he said it should be there Wednesday. Wednesday, no DVR. Finally, contacted them again, and was informed that the order was placed incorrectly, so the order was cancelled. Nobody bothered to call me, and tell me this. Finally, the tech said he would send someone out the next day, but I may have to pay a $99.00 service fee. I started reading the forums, and found a post from another customer who had the same problem. He explained step by step what he had done. I decided to give it a try, and I fixed it myself. UVerse offered me a whole $10.00 for being without my DVR for 3 days. They had?no clue what they were doing. I responded that they should put me on the payroll for fixing my own problem. No help? at all.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

10 years ago

@RubyA1955 wrote:
I fixed it myself. After speaking with 3 techs, all running "tests", they came to the conclusion I needed a new one. It was supposed to have arrived this past Tuesday. NO DVR. Wednesday, I spoke with yet another tech, and he said it should be there Wednesday. Wednesday, no DVR. Finally, contacted them again, and was informed that the order was placed incorrectly, so the order was cancelled. Nobody bothered to call me, and tell me this. Finally, the tech said he would send someone out the next day, but I may have to pay a $99.00 service fee. I started reading the forums, and found a post from another customer who had the same problem. He explained step by step what he had done. I decided to give it a try, and I fixed it myself. UVerse offered me a whole $10.00 for being without my DVR for 3 days. They had?no clue what they were doing. I responded that they should put me on the payroll for fixing my own problem. No help? at all.

4 little words to remember before calling Customer Service:

When in doubt, re-boot.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

REBOOT I am also waiting for a new DVR but was NOT told I will lose my recordings I NEED to keep. I have had 3 problems -3 REBOOTS and 2 service calls 2 REBOOTS since a new modem and outside box was installed and now DVR is not working very well or all the time-REBOOT BY ME AND ATT REBOOT.

Reboots help but for how long? How many do we have to do per day before the problem is fixed? Servise REBOOT for spelling  of service is why I left the cable company I am about to leave Uverse when I can figure out the recording issue. REBOOT.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.