For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
shelbymcnutt's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 20th, 2017 10:57 PM

Being charged a "Non-returned receiver fee"...when I have no receiver to return

I moved back in December and was told to simply bring all of my equipment with me to my new address. You know the advertising made it seem so simple- "We make moving easy!". At my previous address we were paying for U-verse (3 tv receivers) and internet. We ended up ADDING a tv after the move. So to clarify, we are currently using 4 cable boxes and our internet router. I got an email at the end of January to return one of the wireless TV receivers...but we were using it (I checked the model and serial number in the email with the actual equipment being used in my room). I called shortly after receiving the email and was told it was simply and automated email and I would not be charged. Lo and behold on March 6th I get another email that my bill is ready to be viewed and what is on it? A $171.00 charge for a non-returned receiver. I called AGAIN to ATT on March 6th and spoke with a lady named Sunshine and expressed my frustration. She said the issue would have to be sent to the back office team and my bill should be fixed in 5-7 business days. Already weary the situation would not be fixed I asked if she could call me back personally to follow up. 10 days later and no fixed bill or call back from ATT. I then thought maybe the online chat option would work better. So March 16th I chat with Wesley about the issue and he says the "back office is taking care of it" and extends my due date on my bill. The next day, I was officially over this game and decide to call back AGAIN. This ATT rep tells me he sees NO RECORD of me disputing the charges. I REPEAT NO RECORD. So I go through the whole explanation of my situation AGAIN. I asked for him to send me a copy of our phone conversation to my personal email-which I never received. It is now 2 weeks later and my bill is still not fixed. For the sake of my sanity someone help me. 

Community Support

• 

231.6K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @shelbymcnutt,

We’re sorry for your inconvenience.  We’ll be happy to look into this for you.  We’ll need more details regarding your account and just sent you a private message via the community forums. Click here to reply back.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

This is happening to me too! Only it's for 4 receivers and $690!!!! I have called three times, including today, when I was told that the "back office" will fix it. What is the back office and why can't I speak to someone there?! I was also told that a "case manager" is working on it and that it will be fixed in 7-10 days. I honestly think that A&T just tells everyone the SAME thing: "back office," "case manager." Meanwhile, my bill shows that I owe $690 for 4 receivers, but they have been returned to AT&T AND RECEIVED. Why does AT&T treat people this way?!

Community Support

• 

231.6K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @dsritchey

We saw your post and will be glad to help. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include:

• Name
  • Account number
  • Phone number and the best time to reach you

We will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

7 years ago

I had the same problem. I kept the receipt from the ups store. Emailed it to att and the charge was removed from my bill. If you have the receipt, include a copy of it in your contact with att.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

A&T does this to EVERYONE! And isn't it strange that you can't talk to anyone in the "back office?" We have spoken to at least 25 people in the last 5 months about this same problem. No one says the same story; no one has the same information. This company is a huge joke for customer service. I am going to tell all of my friends, family, neighbors not to use AT&T because of this problem that we are having as well. AT&T: People DO have a choice not to use your services.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.